We’re excited to announce Fair Ways Foundation is now part of AmazonSmile’s charity list. This means your everyday purchases could help support vulnerable children and young people.
What is AmazonSmile and how does it work?
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices and shopping features. Your shopping experience stays the same, but every time you shop on AmazonSmile, Amazon donates to your chosen charity.
How much do they donate?
Amazon automatically donates 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to your chosen charity when you shop on smile.amazon.co.uk. The great news is that it doesn’t cost you, or your chosen charity, any extra.
How do I use it?
If you already have an Amazon account, you can begin shopping instantly. Simply visit smile.amazon.co.uk to get started.
- Log in to your Amazon account and search Fair Ways in the ‘pick your own charity’ search bar
- Select Fair Ways Foundation
- You’ll receive an email from Amazon and you’re ready to shop
- Shop as you normally would, knowing each purchase you make also makes a donation to your chosen charity.
Will it work on the mobile app?
The main thing to note with AmazonSmile is you always need to purchase your items through smile.amazon.co.uk rather than the main Amazon site. If you use the Amazon app we have a handy workaround:
- Shop on the app as you would normally, adding items to your basket
- Before you checkout, switch to smile.amazon.co.uk on your mobile browser to complete the process.
If you use an Apple device:
- Visit amazon.smile.co.uk in your Safari browser
- Tap the share button and scroll right to select ‘add to Home Screen’
- Click add and then delete your old Amazon app.
What charity should I choose to donate to?
We would encourage as many people as possible to select Fair Ways Foundation to donate to, but you’ll find a comprehensive list of charities on their website. Once you’ve selected your chosen charity, AmazonSmile saves it. You can change your charity at any time.