Job Reference – 132
- Zero Hour contracts available
- Salary: Salary: £8.53 per hour day time, £9.17 per hour evening time and £9.61 per hour weekend time.
- Closing date: Until Further Notice
- Interview dates: TBC
Fair Ways are looking for Support Workers to work on a non-guaranteed hours basis. Zero hours workers are not obligated to pick up hours and are encouraged to have another job in addition.
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and education of children, young people and families and we expect ALL staff to share this commitment.
- To effectively contribute, as part of the team, to the planning and decision making process within the home and to support contracted staff members in the completion of tasks associated with their role
- To understand and work within the Quality Standards alongside the Children’s Homes Regulations and adhere to Fair Ways Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to proactively engage with young people, staff, managers and members of the public ensuring professional boundaries are maintained.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to achieving positive outcomes for children and young people, who present with challenging behaviours due to traumatic life experiences. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate some experience with young people or adults. A Level 3 Diploma or equivalent in childcare is desirable. Being willing to work towards such a qualification is essential. Applicants must have a full driving licence and have access to use of a car. All staff will undergo DBS checks at the enhanced level.
Benefits and Rewards
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we
- Offer intensive in house Induction training prior to starting in your role. Our training department also offers a wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing.
- Offer access to legal, financial and personal advice.
- After a year’s employment, staff can benefit from a health scheme including discounts for restaurants, optical/dental discount and childcare vouchers.
- Offer discounted gym memberships.
Working for Fair Ways will provide you with an opportunity to seek discount on products and local services as well as auto-enrolment into our Pension scheme.
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.
and ask for the Recruitment Team or email Recruitment@fairways.co