Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce
This qualification has been designed to build the knowledge and skills you’ll need when working with children and young people from birth to 19 years.
- To deepen knowledge of legislation, national and local guidance relating with children and young people.
- To underpin knowledge and theory in your specific area of work.
- Enables candidates to be assessed in the real working environment through a range of different assessment methods.
Some of the Mandatory Units
- Promote Communication in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Engage in Personal Development in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Promote Equality and Inclusion in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Principles for Implementing Duty of Care in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Understand Child and Young Person Development
- Promote Child and Young Person Development
- Understand How to Safeguard the Wellbeing of Children and Young People
- Support Children and Young People’s Health and Safety
- Develop Positive Relationships with Children, Young People and Others Involved in their Care
- Working Together for the Benefit of Children and Young People
- Understand How to Support Positive Outcomes for Children and Young
(Please note: not all the mandatory units are listed and none of the optional units are listed as the list is extensive. This is due to the qualification having different pathways)
Contact us for more information
To achieve the Level 3 Diploma you will be assessed on the following –
- Evidence of your knowledge and understanding as well as your practical competence in the real working environment.
- Your performance through observations or witness testimonies.
- Knowledge through assignments, work products, professional discussion and group work.
- 85% attendance (if attending taught classroom sessions)
- Portfolio (made up of your knowledge and performance evidence)
Duration: 1 Year