Job Ref: 602
- Location : Swanwick
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Hours: Full Time 37.5 p/week – Term time only
- Salary: £15,787 – £18,073 per annum
Are you looking for a new challenge?
Do you want to work for a company that has been voted third in the Sunday Times Not for Profit organisations to work for
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect all staff to share this commitment.
We are looking for Learning Support & Behaviour Workers across our 3 schools based in both Southampton and Fareham to support up to 20 vulnerable young students. These students are better suited to 1:1 or 2:1 learning and will have an individualised curriculum based on their specific needs.
Successful candidates will be working a 37.5 p/week term time only
About the Job:
Job Responsibilities, our ideal candidate will:
- Support the needs of the school on a day to day basis, as well as supporting various students both onsite in lessons and offsite on activities.
- Complete and monitor the student assessments and participate in the implementation and delivery of each Individual Education Plan, in order to contribute to the achievement of the aims and objectives of each student.
- Assist Therapeutic Learning Practitioners or Teachers to carry out their duties effectively.
Personal Skills,applicants for this role will need to:
- Be able to build strong healthy relationships with service users and staff as appropriate.
- Have experience of working and supporting children with social and emotional needs or have a good level of transferable skills from another sector.
- Be resilient, forward thinking and adaptable
- Either already have a Level 3 Teaching Assistant Award or equivalent or have a willingness to work towards one.
- Demonstrate honest, understanding and proactive behaviour.
- Ensure that standards are set by providing a good example and offering suitable support and direction.
- Be happy and able to work as part of a supportive and experienced team
- Be open to undertaking additional training as required
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we offer:
- Employee Assistance Programme
- In depth In-house induction programme
- Health Care Scheme*
- Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme*
- Service based additional annual Leave accrual
- Bespoke training department
- Education Grant Scheme*
- Free Parking
- Free Fruit Tea and Coffee
- Future Leaders Programme*
- Staff Lottery*
- A wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing
*Subject to qualifying period
Applicants must have a full driving licence and have access to the use of a car. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced DBS Disclosure. The disclosure cost will be met by Fair Ways.
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.
and ask for the Recruitment Team or email Recruitment@fairways.co