Job Reference – 602
- Hours: Full-Time (37.5 p/week), happy to talk flexible working
- Salary: £15,787 – £18,073 per annum
- Closing Date: 2nd February 2020
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect all staff to share this commitment. We have recently been awarded fourth best Not-for-Profit Organisations to work for in the Sunday Times Awards.
We are looking for Learning Support & Behaviour Workers to support up to 20 vulnerable young students who are better suited to 1:1 or 2:1 learning and an individualised curriculum based on their needs. We are looking for honest, understanding, resilient and influential individuals to take on the role of mentoring our students by setting them a good example and being able to offer support and direction.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Support the needs of the school on a day to day basis, as well as supporting various students both onsite in lessons and offsite on activities.
- Complete and monitor the student assessments and participate in the implementation and delivery of each Individual Education Plan, in order to contribute to the achievement of the aims and objectives of each student.
- Assist Therapeutic Learning Practitioners or Teachers to carry out their duties effectively.
Our ideal candidate will be able to build strong boundaried relationships with staff and service users. Experience of working and supporting children with social and emotional needs is desirable, as is a Level 3 Teaching Assistant Award or equivalent; however, if you don’t have one, you need to have a willingness to work towards one. Applicants must have a full driving licence and have access to the use of a car. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced DBS Disclosure. The disclosure cost will be met by Fair Ways.
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we offer:
- In-house Induction training prior to starting in your role
- Health Cash Plan Scheme
- Staff Discounts
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- A wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diploma’s in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing
- Offer access to Legal, Financial and Personal Advice
- An active Employee Committee
- Auto-enrolment into Pension Scheme
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.
and ask for the Recruitment Team or email Recruitment@fairways.co