Job Reference – 149
- Zero Hour contracts available
- Salary: £10.35 per hour
- Closing date: Until further notice
- Interview dates: TBC
Fair Ways is looking for Support Workers, to work on a non-guaranteed hour basis at our Crisis Intervention home in Brecon, Wales. Our aim is for the young people to engage in structured sporting leisure activities, whilst also helping to create space to reflect and consider the impact of their previous behaviours.
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and education of children, young people and families and we expect ALL staff to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will;
- Be required to accompany young people on adventure activities, with a view to changing behaviours by placing young people in an unfamiliar setting.
- Contribute to the formal assessments of the needs of young people, in conjunction with colleagues and other professionals, to promote and safeguard the welfare of the young people in placement.
- Ensure you complete daily tasks consistent with the smooth running of the home, such as handover, case recording and updating care plans, risk assessments, ensuring all information is recorded appropriately and accurately.
Our ideal candidate will be a motivated and energetic individual, with the ability to prioritise the safety and wellbeing of young people in his/her care whilst working towards specific legislation such as ‘CSSIW’. A Level 3 Diploma or equivalent in childcare is desirable. Being willing to work towards such a qualification is essential. Applicants must have a full driving licence and have access to use of a car. All staff will undergo DBS checks at the enhanced level.
Benefits and Rewards
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we
- Offer intensive in house Induction training prior to starting in your role. Our training department also offers a wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing.
- Offer access to legal, financial and personal advice.
- After a year’s employment, staff can benefit from a health scheme including discounts for restaurants, optical/dental discount and childcare vouchers.
- Offer discounted gym memberships.
Working for Fair Ways will provide you with an opportunity to seek discount on products and local services and well as auto-enrolment into our Pension scheme.
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.