Job Reference – 092
- Zero Hour contracts available
- Salary: £8.45 per hour
- Closing date: Until further notice
- Interview Date: TBC
Fair Ways are looking for School Support Workers to work on a non-guaranteed hours basis. We are looking to expand our provision and need School Support Workers to help us to maintain a high standard of education to all of our students in our school in Swanwick for Children with emotional and behavioural difficulties. As part of the role, the successful applicant would also be able to pick up shifts across the rest of the company including both Residential and Post 16 provisions.
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect ALL staff to share this commitment.
- Ability to proactively engage with young people, staff, managers and members of the public ensuring professional boundaries are maintained.
- To assist the TLP or teacher, to carry out their duties effectively.
- To observe, assess and monitor young peoples’ health, development and emotional wellbeing and interpret verbal and non-verbal signs, initiating proactive responses and interaction.
The successful candidate will show that they have the ability to engage challenging young people within an education setting, whilst having a flexible approach to the task at hand showing resilience under pressure. A Level 3 Diploma or equivalent in childcare is desirable. Being willing to work towards such a qualification is essential. Applicants must have a full driving licence and have access to use of a car. All staff will undergo DBS checks at the enhanced level.
Benefits and Rewards
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we
- Offer intensive in house Induction training prior to starting in your role. Our training department also offers a wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing.
- Offer access to legal, financial and personal advice.
- After a year’s employment, staff can benefit from a health scheme including discounts for restaurants, optical/dental discount and childcare vouchers.
- Offer discounted gym memberships.
Working for Fair Ways will provide you with an opportunity to seek discount on products and local services as well as auto-enrolment into our Pension scheme.
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.
and ask for the Recruitment Team or email Recruitment@fairways.co