Job Reference – 593
- Hours: 40 per week – 4 days on, 4 days off
- Salary: appx £21,881 – £25,064 p/annum (FTE)
- Closing date: 1st September 2019
- Interview dates: TBC
We are extremely excited to be opening our first 6-bed residential children’s home situated in Wickham, Hampshire.
This home will accommodate up to 6 children aged between 7 and 14 and the focus will be to provide an enriching and positive environment and to ensure we prepare the children in our care to move onto safe and nurturing foster care placements which will be achieved through early intervention.
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and education of children, young people and families and we expect all staff to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be involved in;
- Being responsible for overseeing the home throughout the night, ensuring the home is safe, clean and prepared for the next day.
- Ensuring that any administrative tasks associated with the running of the home are completed as required, including handovers, case recording, updating care plans and risk assessments.
- Having the ability to think on your feet whilst lone working and working one to one to challenging behaviour.
- Managing challenging behaviour resulting from the complex needs of the young people and provide them with emotional and physical support on occasion.
- Being a fundamental part of the team, whilst engaging in reflective practice on the young people’s outcomes as well as partaking in regular training sessions, team meetings and supervisions as required.
Experience in this field of work is desirable, but not essential, as full training will be provided. What we ask of you is that you are passionate about helping keep children safe, have an understanding of some therapeutic approaches and can make a house feel like a home. You should be methodical, reliable, proactive, possess good communication skills, can work as part of a team and have a positive attitude.
In addition, during your first 6 months of employment, you will undergo core training including PACE (Playful/Accepting/Curious/Empathetic), CEOP (Child Exploitation Online Protection), Prevent, Behaviour Management, CSE (Child Sexual Exploitation) and more. Once you have passed your probation period, you will be registered on a nationally recognised Childcare qualification which will provide you with the skills to work in Residential Homes throughout the country.
All candidates must have a full driving licence and have access to the use of a car. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure (DBS). This disclosure cost will be met by Fair Ways.
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we offer:
- In-house Induction training prior to starting in your role
- Health Cash Plan Scheme
- Staff Discounts
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- A wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing
- Offer access to Legal, Financial and Personal Advice
- An active Employee Committee
- Auto-enrolment into Pension Scheme
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.