Job Reference -415
- Full Time: 37.5 hours p/week
- Salary: £9.78 – £11.93 per hour
- Closing date: 19th August 2018
- Interview dates: TBC
Fair Ways is looking for 2 Waking Night Support Workers for our Residential Family Centre based in Southampton, Hampshire. The role will involve working 2-4 night shifts per week, supporting and assessing vulnerable Parents and their Children. Due to the home being open 52 weeks a year, the shifts will encompass weekends and holidays on a rota basis.
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect ALL staff to share this commitment.
We have recently been awarded Third Best Not-for-Profit Organisation to Work For in the Sunday Times Awards.
The successful candidate will;
• Be responsible for overseeing the home throughout the night, ensuring the home is safe, clean and prepared for the next day.
• Ensure that any administrative tasks associated with the running of the home are completed as required, including handovers, case recording, updating care plans and risk assessments.
• Manage challenging behaviour resulting from the complex needs of the young people, and provide them with emotional and physical support, alongside other night staff.
• Attend training sessions, team meetings and supervisions as required.
What we would like from you
You, as a successful candidate, will ideally have had some experience working with young people, but this is not essential. All we ask is that you are reliable, enthusiastic and have the ability to communicate and deal with a wide range of people. Holding a Level 3 Diploma in Childcare or equivalent is desirable but not essential. All candidates must have a full driving license and have access to the use of a car. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure (DBS). This disclosure cost will be met by Fair Ways.
What we would like to give you
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we:
- Offer intensive in house Induction training prior to starting in your role. Our training department also offers a wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing.
- Offer access to legal, financial and personal advice.
- After a year’s employment, staff can benefit from a health scheme including discounts for restaurants, optical/dental discount and childcare vouchers.
- Offer discounted gym memberships.
Working for Fair Ways will provide you with an opportunity to seek discount on products and local services and well as auto-enrolment into our Pension scheme.
Do you enjoy a challenge? Do you want to make a difference? This may be a total change of career for you but don’t let that put you off if it something you would like to explore. We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.
and ask for the Recruitment Department or email email@example.com