Job Reference – 517
- Full Time: Various hours available per week
- Salary: Band D – £10.42 – £11.93 p/hour (£19,234 – £22,002 p/annum FTE)
Additional benefits: Health cash plan scheme; Pension Scheme; Staff Discounts; Childcare vouchers; Employee Assistance Programme (EAP); Great training and development opportunities
- Are you looking for a new challenge?
- Do you want to work for an organisation that was voted the 4th best not-for-profit organisation in the UK by the Sunday Times?
- Would you like the opportunity to make a difference to the lives of vulnerable children?
- Are you a night owl?
If you answered yes to all of the above, then keep reading….
Fair Ways is looking for a Waking Night Support Worker to join our Residential Children’s home in Swanwick, Southampton. The role will involve working 3 to 4 night shifts per week plus attendance at team meetings, training and supervisions as and when required.
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and education of children, young people and families and we expect ALL staff to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will;
- Be responsible for overseeing the home throughout the night, ensuring the home is safe, clean and prepared for the next day.
- Ensure that any administrative tasks associated with the running of the home are completed as required, including handovers, case recording, updating care plans and risk assessments.
- Manage challenging behaviour resulting from the complex needs of the young people and provide them emotional and physical support on occasion, alongside other night staff.
- Attend training sessions, team meetings and supervisions as required.
What we would like from you
You, as a successful candidate, will ideally have had some experience working with young people, but this is not essential. All we ask is that you are reliable, enthusiastic, responsible and have the ability to communicate and deal with a wide range of people. Holding a Level 3 Diploma in Childcare or equivalent is desirable but not essential. All candidates must have a full driving licence and have access to the use of a car. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure (DBS). This disclosure cost will be met by Fair Ways.
Do you enjoy a challenge? Do you want to make a difference? This may be a total change of career for you but don’t let that put you off if it is something you would like to explore. We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.
and ask for the Recruitment Team or email Recruitment@fairways.co
Closing Date: 28th April 2019
Interview Date: TBC