Job Reference 419
- Hours: Full Time (40 hours p/week)
- Salary: £9.68 p/hour – increases on successful probation
- Closing date: 29th April 2018
- Interview dates: TBC
Fair Ways are looking to recruit a Waking Night Support Worker to cover Maternity for up to a period of 12 months for one of our Residential Children’s homes in Portsmouth, Hampshire. This position will involve completing 3-4 night shifts per week, attendance at team meetings or supervisions and to attend training sessions when necessary.
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect ALL staff to share this commitment. We have recently been awarded Third Best Not-for-Profit Organisation to Work For in the Sunday Times Awards.
The successful applicant will show us their ability to;
- Be responsible for overseeing the home throughout the night, ensuring the home is safe, clean and prepared for the next day.
- Ensure that any administrative tasks associated with the running of the home are completed as required, including handovers, case recording, updating care plans and risk assessments.
- Manage challenging behaviour resulting from complex needs of young people and provide them with emotional and physical support, alongside other night staff.
You, as a successful candidate, will actively contribute towards the maintenance of a positive culture within all Fair Ways services, in which teamwork thrives. The ideal candidate will also have the ability to proactively engage with young people to establish and maintain safe-boundaried relationships. This role will suit a reliable, enthusiastic, create and honest individual with the ability to communicate and deal with a wide range of people. Working within the framework of the Regulations for Children’s Homes (England), all staff are expected to promote and participate in the provision of high standards of physical care, ensuring a safe and nurturing environment where young people can thrive. Holding a Level 3 Diploma in childcare or equivalent is desirable, but not essential. All candidates must have a full driving licence and have access to use of a car. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure (DBS). This disclosure cost will be met by Fair Ways.
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we
- Offer intensive in house Induction training prior to starting in your role. Our training department also offers a wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing.
- Offer access to legal, financial and personal advice.
- Have an active employee committee.
- After a year’s employment, staff can benefit from a health scheme including discounts for restaurants, optical/dental discount and childcare vouchers.
- Offer discounted gym memberships.
Working for Fair Ways will provide you with an opportunity to seek discount on products and local services as well as auto-enrolment into our Pension scheme.
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.
and ask for the Recruitment Team or email Recruitment@fairways.co