Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare
This qualification is for you if you work in residential care setting with children and young people in a management role. If you are a new Manager you will need to complete the qualification within three years of employment.
This qualification is the accepted qualification for registration and regulation where appropriate and can demonstrate continuing professional development.
- To deepen knowledge of legislation, national and local regulatory guidance relating to Residential Management through completing the mandatory units.
- To underpin knowledge and theory in your specific area of work through completing the optional units.
- Enables candidates to be assessed in the real working environment through a range of different assessment methods.
- Understand children and young people’s development in residential childcare
- Understand support for children and young people who are vulnerable and disadvantaged
- Lead and manage a team within a residential childcare setting
- Lead practice to support the safeguarding and protection of children and young people in residential childcare
- Lead practice for communication and information management in residential childcare settings
- Manage risk in residential childcare
- Lead and manage group living in residential childcare
- Lead a service that can support children or young people who have experienced harm or abuse
- Lead practice to achieve positive outcomes for children and young people in residential childcare
- Implement a Positive Relationship Policy in residential childcare
- Lead practice to support the well-being and resilience of children and young people in residential childcare
- Lead practice in safe use of digital, internet and mobile technology with children and young people
- Undertake professional development in residential childcare settings
- Lead practice to promote the rights, diversity and equality of children and young people in residential childcare
- Lead networks and multi-agency work to benefit children and young people in residential childcare
- Lead a residential childcare service that can engage with the youth justice system
- Lead practice to support young people leaving care
- Understand the context of residential childcare for children and young people with complex disabilities or conditions
- Principles for leading the transition of young people with complex disabilities or conditions to adult services
- Support others to understand models of disability and their effects on working practice with children and young people
- Undertake a research project within services for health and social care or children and young people
To achieve the Level 5 Diploma you will be assessed on the following –
- Evidence of your knowledge and understanding as well as well your practical competence in the real working environment.
- Knowledge through assignments, work products, professional discussion and group work.
- Your performance through observations and witness. testimonies.
- 85% attendance (if attending taught classroom sessions)
- Portfolio (made up of your knowledge and performance evidence)
Duration: 1-2 Years