Level 5 Diploma for Assistant Practitioners in Healthcare
The Level 5 Diploma is aimed at you if you are or training to be an Assistant Practitioners in Healthcare. It focuses on consolidation of learning and on embedding consistently good practice in core areas, as well as the development of additional knowledge and skills. Having completed this diploma, you may then progress into undergraduate healthcare profession programme such as Nurse training.
- To deepen knowledge of legislation, national and local regulatory guidance.
relating to Clinical and Health and Social Care practices through completing the mandatory units.
- To underpin knowledge and theory in your specific area of work through completing the optional units.
- Enables candidates to be assessed in the real working environment through a range of different assessment methods.
- Understand safeguarding of children and young people (for those working in the adult sector)
- Promote professional development
- Work in partnership in health and social care or children and young people’s settings
- The structure, organisation and function of the human body
- Use and develop systems that promote communication
- Champion equality, diversity and inclusion
- Lead and manage infection prevention and control within the work setting
- Develop health and safety and risk management policies, procedures and practices in health and social care or children and young people’s settings
- Manage quality in health and social care or children and young people’s setting
- Undertake a research project within services for health and social care or children and young people
- Conduct and support others in the assessment of individuals health and wellbeing
- Promote effective nutrition and fluid balance
- The principles and philosophy of healthcare
- Lifespan developments and healthcare needs
- Understand the principles and application of physiological measurements
- Safeguarding and protection of vulnerable adults
- Safeguarding and protection of children and young people
- Understand the principles, theories and concepts related to leading and developing a work team in a healthcare environment
- Lead and manage a team within a health and social care or children and young people’s setting
To achieve the Level 5 Diploma you will be assessed on the following –
- Evidence of your knowledge and understanding as well as well your practical competence in the real working environment.
- Knowledge through assignments, work products, professional discussion and group work.
- Your performance through observations and witness testimonies.
- 85% attendance (if attending taught classroom sessions)
- Portfolio (made up of your knowledge and performance evidence)
Duration: 18 Months, but can be completed sooner.