Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care (Health and Social Care)
This qualification is designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge needed to care for others in a broad range of adult health and social care settings. You can select a pathway that suits your role – for example, Community Care/Support Officers, Social Care Assessor, Care Assessment Officer, Community Care Assessment Officer, Social Services Officer, Social Care Assistant, Social Work Assistants, OT Assistant, Occupational Assessment Officer, Physiotherapy Assistant etc.
- To deepen knowledge of legislation, national and local regulatory guidance relating to Adult care through completing the mandatory units.
- To underpin knowledge and theory in your specific area of work through completing the optional units.
- Enables candidates to be assessed in the real working environment through a range of different assessment methods.
Example of some of the Mandatory Units
- Work in partnership in health and social care or children and young people’s settings
- Advanced communication skills
- Equality and diversity in health, social care
- or children’s and young people’s settings
- Facilitate person centred assessment to support wellbeing of individuals
- Facilitate support planning to ensure positive outcomes for individuals and to support well being
- Understand personalisation in care and support services
- Health and safety in health and social care settings
- Professional practice in health and social care for adults or children and young people
- Safeguard children and young people who are present in the adult social care sector
- Develop, maintain and use records and reports
- Understand safeguarding and protection in health and social care settings
Some of the Optional Units
- Understand positive risk taking for individuals with disabilities
- Understand the impact of acquired brain injury on individuals
- Understand how to manage a team
- Understand stroke care management
- Promote access to healthcare for individuals with learning disabilities
- Appraise staff performance
(Please note not all the optional are listed as the list is extensive, due to the qualification having different pathways)
Contact us for more information
To achieve the Level 4 Diploma you will be assessed on the following –
- Evidence of your knowledge and understanding as well as well your practical competence in the real working environment.
- Knowledge through assignments, work products, professional discussion and group work.
- Your performance through observations and witness testimonies.
- 85% attendance (if attending taught classroom sessions)
- Portfolio (made up of your knowledge and performance evidence)
Duration: 1 Year