Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care
The Level 3 Diploma is ideal if you’re a care worker and you have some responsibility in your workplace. You may sometimes work without supervision and want to develop or demonstrate your skills further, perhaps to become a Senior Care Worker.
- To deepen knowledge of legislation, national and local guidance relating to adult care through completing the mandatory units.
- To underpin knowledge and theory in your specific area of work, through completing your choice of optional units.
- To enable you to be assessed in the real working environment through a range of different assessment methods.
- Promote communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Promote equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Principles of implementing duty of care
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- The role of the health and social care worker
- Promote person centred approaches in health and social care
- Promote and implement health and safety in health and social care
- Promote good practice in handling information in health and social care setting
Some of the Optional Units
- Understand mental well-being and mental health promotion
- Purpose and principles of Independent Advocacy
- Understand the diversity of individuals with dementia and the importance of inclusion
- Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
- Principles of supporting young people with a disability to make the transition into adulthood
- Identify and act upon immediate risk of danger to substance misusers
- Understand and meet the nutritional requirements of individuals with dementia
(Please note: not all the optional units are listed as the list is extensive. This is due to the qualification having different pathways)
Contact us for more information
To achieve the Level 3 Diploma you will be assessed on the following –
- Evidence of your knowledge and understanding as well as well your practical competence in the real working environment.
- Knowledge through assignments, work products, professional discussion and group work.
- Your performance through observations and witness testimonies.
- 85% attendance (if attending taught classroom sessions)
- Portfolio (made up of your knowledge and performance evidence)
Duration: 1 Year