Level 3 Certificate in Work with Parents
The Level 3 Certificate in Work with Parents is for you if you support and work with parents and children in an array of different settings such as a:
- Parent Liaison officer
- Home School Support Adviser
- Parent Support Adviser
- Parenting Group Leader/Facilitator
- Parenting Support Home Visitor
- Senior Support Workers
- Multi-agency staff delivering parenting support e.g. Youth Offending teams
- Family practitioners
- Parenting practitioners in settings that provide services to parents
- To help you build the knowledge you’ll need to work effectively with parents.
- Work with parents to them understand their role and meet their children’s social, emotional, intellectual and physical needs in family life.
- Build and maintain relationships in work with parents
- Work with parents to meet their children’s needs
- Enable parents to develop ways of handling relationships and behaviour that contribute to everyday life with children
- Enable parents to reflect on the influences in parenting and the parent-child relationship
- Effective communication with parents
- Support parents to gain knowledge and access information services
- Contribute to providing safe and inclusive environments for parents
- Support parents to meet their children’s needs
- Contribute to work with groups of parents
- Build and maintain team relationships with colleagues engaged in work with parents
- Reflect on and update own knowledge and practice
- Build and maintain relationships with the wider community
- Work with groups of parents
- Provide services that meet parents’ needs
- Engage parents in their children’s early learning
- Engage young parents in supporting their children’s learning and development
- Engage fathers in their children’s early learning
- Work with parents to understand and meet their own needs
- Deliver services that value and respect parents
- Provide environments that are sensitive to the culture, religion, gender or disability of the parents
- Caseload management
- Support families with complex and multiple needs towards learning, training and employment
- Support parents in their couple relationship
- Support parents to understand and manage the impact of their conflict on children
To achieve the Level 3 Certificate you will be assessed on the following –
- Provide evidence of your knowledge and understanding as well as your practical competence in the real working environment.
- Your performance through observations or witness testimonies.
- Knowledge through assignments, work products, professional discussion and group work.
- 85% attendance (if attending taught classroom sessions)
- Portfolio (made up of your knowledge and performance evidence)
Duration: 9 months, but can be completed sooner.