Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care
The Level 2 Diploma will suit you if you’re a care worker or want to get your first care job. If you’re already working in care, you probably work mainly under supervision but want to increase your skills and take on more responsibility.
- To deepen knowledge of legislation, national and local guidance relating to Adult care through completing the mandatory units.
- To underpin knowledge and theory in your specific area of work, through completing your choice of optional units.
- Enables you to be assessed in the real working environment through a range of different assessment methods.
- Introduction to communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to duty of care in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- The role of the health and social care worker
- Implement person centred approaches in health and social care
- Contribute to health and safety in health and social care
- Handle information in health and social care setting
- Understand mental well-being and mental health promotion
- Dementia Awareness
- Introduction to personalisation in social care
- The principles of Infection Prevention and Control
- Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
- Introductory awareness of Autistic Spectrum Conditions
- Principles of supporting young people with a disability to make the transition into adulthood
- Understand the impact of Acquired Brain Injury on individuals
(Please note: not all the mandatory units are listed, as the list is extensive. This is due to the qualification having different pathways)
Contact us for more information
To achieve the Level 2 Diploma you will be assessed on the following –
- Evidence of your knowledge and understanding as well as well your practical competence in the real working environment.
- Knowledge through assignments, work products, professional discussion and group work.
- Your performance through observations and witness testimonies.
- 85% attendance (if attending taught classroom sessions)
- Portfolio (made up of your knowledge and performance evidence)
Duration: 1 Year