Level 2 Award in Work with Parents
The Level 2 Award in Work with Parents is for you if you support and work with parents and children in an array of different settings, such as:
- a Co-Facilitator/Volunteer
- Parent Support Workers delivering universal support services (under supervision)
- To build skills you’ll need to work effectively with parents.
- To help parents to understand their role in meeting their children’s social, emotional, intellectual and physical needs in family life.
- Build and maintain relationships in work with parents
- Support parents to gain knowledge and access information and services
- Contribute to providing safe and inclusive environments for parents
- Support parents to meet their children’s needs
- Contribute to work with groups of parents
To achieve the Level 2 Award you will be assessed on the following –
- Provide evidence of your knowledge and understanding, as well as your practical competence in the real working environment.
- Your performance through observations or witness testimonies.
- Knowledge through assignments, work products, professional discussion and group work.
- 85% attendance (if attending taught classroom sessions)
- Portfolio (made up of your knowledge and performance evidence)
Duration: 6 months, but can be completed sooner.