Job Reference – 595
- Hours: Full Time (37.5 p/week)
- Salary: £33,103 – £37,111 per annum
- Closing date: 8th September 2019
- Interview dates: 2nd, 3rd and 10th October 2019
Our mission is to make a difference through passionate care, support and education. We believe in helping our people focus on their learning and development so they may become a more competent and effective professional.
The Training Manager position is pivotal to achieving our goals and growing the necessary skills and competencies required within our workforce. We are looking to develop our people to be able to adapt positively to changes in work and industry requirements, therefore it’s crucial to ensure we consistently achieve high standards through the company to genuinely make an impact and are keen to find a professional, committed and passionate individual that shares our vision. There are great opportunities for personal career development and we are keen to work closely with you to fulfil your potential over time.
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect all staff to share this commitment. We have recently been awarded fourth best Not-for-Profit Organisations to work for in the Sunday Times Awards.
The successful candidate will be involved in;
- Support, advise and encourage staff to positively and appropriately manage inappropriate and challenging behaviour in line with Fair Ways future behaviour support model
- To be responsible for leading and managing established training courses and development programmers to achieve annual compliance. This includes monitoring, reviewing and evaluating the core role, enhancing training portfolio though Quarterly and Annual Reporting systems
- To support and advise service with regards to specific concerns for Restrictive Practice interventions and deliver bespoke workshops to build knowledge, currency, confidence and practice to continually improve
- To attend and lead trainer development days, update courses and annual refresher content in line with the required standards
- Monitoring of training plans, feedback forms, accident data and incident monitoring across services to identify trends and issues in partnership with Fair Ways Quality Safety & Governance Team as well as the Health and Safety Officer
- To demonstrate and uphold the core organisation values at all times and playing your P.A.R.T by: Maintaining a Professional attitude, Being Accepting, Being Reflective and being Transparent
In order to excel at this role, we are looking for someone who has a Level 3 Diploma in Residential Child Care (or equivalent) and hold an Award in Education Training (AET or equivalent) qualification. Previous experience of being in a learning and development environment with experience of designing, implementing and evaluating a variety of training solutions, including therapeutic. As you can imagine, you will be spending a lot of time communicating with new and existing staff from the business, so the ability to communicate with a deep level of understanding and empathy is a must, paired with the ability to influence others, problem solve and offering pragmatic solutions will be key to this role.
All staff will undergo DBS checks at the Basic level; the cost of which will be met by Fair Ways.
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we offer:
- In-house Induction training prior to starting in your role
- Health Cash Plan Scheme
- Staff Discounts
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- A wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing
- Offer access to Legal, Financial and Personal Advice
- An active Employee Committee
- Auto-enrolment into Pension Scheme
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.