Job Reference – 395
- Full Time: 37.5 hours p/week
- Salary: Band F £19,080 to £21,458 per annum
- Closing date: 28th January 2018
- Interview dates: TBC
Fair Ways Education is opening its third education facility to support its two existing successful schools and is looking to appoint a Sports and Outdoor Activities tutor at our new education provision for up to 15 pupils based at Fort Wallington (Fareham). They will deliver a range of low level qualifications based on ASDAN and AQA awards for pupils between the ages of 14-19 with a variety of special educational needs and challenging behaviour on a 1:1 or small group basis. The education provision will enable pupils to move on to further education, training or employment. The successful candidate will join the current education team who will build upon, and further implement:
- An Outstanding curriculum
- Strong focus on pupils progress and moving on plans
- Engaging and fun lessons
- Emphasis on creative teaching and learning
The ideal candidate will be required to;
- Work as a Careers Guidance Tutor within the education department, ensuring a high standard of personal lesson planning, assessment, delivery of lessons, marking of work and behaviour management.
- Participate in the completion and monitoring of all student assessments, career guidance plans and monitor and record such progress.
- Support the Head of School and Deputy with the curriculum structure and implementation of career guidance strategies including college and work placements to enhance the learning outcomes for its pupils.
- Participate in the implementation and delivery of each students Individual Education Plan (IEP), Personal Education Plan (PEP) and Transition Plans / Career pathways
- Perform the role of allocated Tutor for an individual child/children and carry out the necessary tasks that this role entails – including liaising with parents/ carers and attending meetings.
Crucial to the success of this post is an ability to think creatively with flair and flexibility in a challenging learning environment and to engage our vulnerable pupils whilst being able to gain the respect of a highly committed staff team. Fair Ways plan to appoint a sports/outdoor activities tutor who has a proven record of raising standards for pupils with Special Educational Needs. Applications from staff with a mainstream or special school background are welcomed with experience of working with pupils with SEMH or Autism essential. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure (DBS).
A relevant level 3 qualification in teaching and learning/outdoor activities or equivalent experience in teaching is essential.
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.
and ask for the Recruitment Team or email Recruitment@fairways.co