Job Reference -393
- Full Time: 37.5 hours p/week
- Salary: Band F £19,080 – £21,458 per annum
- Closing date: 28th January 2018
- Interview dates: TBC
Fair Ways Education is opening its third education facility to support its two existing successful schools and is looking to appoint a Life Skills tutor at our new education provision for up to 15 pupils based at Fort Wallington (Fareham). They will deliver a range of low level qualifications based on ASDAN and AQA awards for pupils between the ages of 14-19 with a variety of special educational needs and challenging behaviour on a 1:1 or small group basis. The education provision will enable pupils to move on to further education, training or employment. The successful candidate will join the current education team who will build upon, and further implement:
- An Outstanding curriculum
- Strong focus on pupils progress and moving on plans
- Engaging and fun lessons
- Emphasis on creative teaching and learning
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect ALL staff to share this commitment. We have recently been awarded Fifth Best Not-for-Profit Organisation to Work For in the Sunday Times Awards.
The ideal candidate will be required to;
- Work as a Life Skills Tutor within the education department, ensuring a high standard of personal lesson planning, assessment, delivery of lessons, marking of work and behaviour management.
- Participate in the completion and monitoring of all student assessments, career guidance plans and monitor and record such progress.
- Support the Head of School and Deputy with the curriculum structure and implementation of career guidance strategies including college and work placements to enhance the learning outcomes for its pupils.
- Participate in the implementation and delivery of each students Individual Education Plan (IEP), Personal Education Plan (PEP) and Transition Plans / Career pathways.
- Perform the role of allocated Tutor for an individual child/children and carry out the necessary tasks that this role entails – including liaising with parents/ carers and attending meetings.
Crucial to the success of this post is an ability to think creatively with flair and flexibility in a challenging learning environment and to engage our vulnerable pupils whilst being able to gain the respect of a highly committed staff team. Fair Ways plan to appoint a life skills tutor who has a proven record of raising standards for pupils with Special Educational Needs. Applications from staff with a mainstream or special school background are welcomed with a relevant level 3 qualification in teaching and learning or equivalent experience in teaching and/or working with pupils with SEMH or Autism.Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure (DBS).
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we
- Offer intensive in house Induction training prior to starting in your role. Our training department also offers a wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing.
- Offer access to legal, financial and personal advice.
- Have an active employee committee.
- After a year’s employment, staff can benefit from a health scheme including discounts for restaurants, optical/dental discount and childcare vouchers.
- Offer discounted gym memberships.
Working for Fair Ways will provide you with an opportunity to seek discount on products and local services as well as auto-enrolment into our Pension scheme.
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.
Download the Job Description and an Application Form here or please phone Head Office (02380 230400)
and ask for the Recruitment Team or email Recruitment@fairways.co