Job Reference – 446
- Full Time: up to 37.5 hours p/week “happy to talk flexible working”
- Salary: Band H £27,549 to £31,529 per annum
- Closing date: 19th August 2018
- Interview dates: TBC
Fair Ways is looking for an energetic and conscientious Maths & ICT Teacher to join our Education Service in one of our Schools based in Swanwick, Hampshire. The school supports pupils with social, emotional and behavioural needs. The successful candidate will have a passion about Special Educational Needs and will have taught Maths and ICT previously.
The successful candidate will join the current education team who will build upon, and further implement:
- An Outstanding curriculum
- Strong focus on pupils progress and moving on plans
- Engaging and fun lessons
- Emphasis on creative teaching and learning
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect ALL staff to share this commitment. We have recently been awarded Third Best Not-for-Profit Organisation to Work For in the Sunday Times Awards.
The ideal candidate will be required to;
- Work as a qualified teacher within the education departments, undertaking the necessary roles that this entails, ensuring a high standard of personal lesson planning, assessment, delivery of lessons, marking of work and behaviour management of the pupils.
- Participate in the completion and monitoring of all student assessments and monitor and record such progress.
- Support the Head of School and Deputy with the curriculum structure and implementation of Teaching and Learning strategies to enhance the learning outcomes for its pupils.
- Participate in the implementation and delivery of each students Individual Education Plan (IEP), Personal Education Plan (PEP), Risk Assessment (RA) and Behaviour Management plan (BMP).
- Perform the role of allocated Tutor for an individual child/children and carry out the necessary tasks that this role entails – including liaising with parents/ carers and attending meetings.
Crucial to the success of this post is an ability to think creatively with flair and flexibility in a challenging learning environment and to engage challenging and vulnerable pupils and gain the respect of a highly committed staff team. You will need to have QTS/QTLS or equivalent teaching qualifications and/or be able to demonstrate the relevant experience in teaching. Fair Ways plan to appoint a Teacher who has a proven record of raising standards for pupils with Special Educational Needs. Effective experience of working with pupils with SEMH needs is essential. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure (DBS).
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we:
- Offer competitive salaries and regular training
- Offer an Employee Assistance Programme
- After a year’s employment, staff can benefit from a health scheme
- Offer discounted gym memberships.
Working for Fair Ways will provide you with an opportunity to seek discount on products and local services as well as auto-enrolment into our Pension scheme.
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.
and ask for the Recruitment Team or email Recruitment@fairways.co