Job reference: 639
Fair Ways is a not for profit organisation where we pride ourselves on getting the best from our staff and young people which we encourage through training, engagement and delivery.
We are looking for a skilled and motivated Supervising/Assessing Social Worker to join our Fostering department. The primary function of the role will be to provide supervision and support to around 10 fostering families to ensure that children placed receive high quality care within a family environment.
What will you be doing?
- Taking a lead role in supervising and supporting foster families, utilising and developing the foster carers’ skills and experiences.
- To maintain and organise case records, write reports as directed by your line manager and maintain effective, regular communication with outside agencies.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the young peoples’ early life experiences and that such experiences may result in, or contribute to, severe challenging behaviour.
- To carry out fostering assessments as and when required by the organisation, and then to present the completed fostering assessments to Fair Ways Independent Fostering Panels.
What do you need?
- To be a qualified Social Worker who possess a good working knowledge of relevant legislation, such as the Children Act 1989/ 2004 and the Care Standards Act 2000
- The successful candidate will have experience working with Children and families in the Social Work field or working within the fostering sector.
- In addition, you will be required to demonstrate excellent organisational skills, be able to prioritise, set deadlines and stick to them.
- Experience in producing high quality reports and assessments is essential as is the ability to act calmly and purposefully in crisis situations.
Full Time: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £27,829-£35,353 per annum
Closing Date: 2nd February 2020