Job Reference – 354
Full Time: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Band H, £27,276.00 – £31,217.00 per annum
Closing date: 3rd September 2017
Interview dates: WC 11th September 2017
Fair Ways is looking for skilled, motivated Supervising Social Worker to join our Fostering department. The primary function of the role is to provide supervision and support to around 10 fostering families, to ensure that children placed, receive high quality care within a family environment. The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate excellent organisational skills, be able to prioritise, set deadlines and keep to them. When caseloads are lower, there may be occasions when the applicant is required to undertake fostering assessments, where they work with prospective carers through from application to fostering panel.
The successful candidate will have a manageable caseload, to ensure support to carers can be maintained. You will also receive intensive support from your direct supervisor ensuring high quality day to day support. You will have an opportunity to take control of your own pay progression through competitive pay levels.
Recently Fair Ways have supported Social Workers to undertake Level 5 Management Diploma and are exploring the possibility of Social Workers being enrolled onto Practice Educator Course. There may also be an opportunity to receive enhanced pay, through taking on out of hours on- call responsibilities (when opportunity becomes available) and through undertaking fostering assessment in own time (up to £1400- £1800 per assessment).
Fair Ways Fostering has a reputation for providing high quality support to young people and their foster carers- in a recent survey, 100% of carers that responded, rated the support they received from their Supervising Social Worker as ‘excellent’ or ‘good’.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Take a lead role in supervising and supporting foster families, utilising and developing the foster carers’ skills and experiences, identifying and supporting areas for professional development both individually and as a group.
- To maintain and organise case records, write reports as directed by line manager and maintain effective, regular communication with outside agencies regarding own caseload, ensuring all relevant parties are kept up to date of important developments and manage own workload effectively, allowing you the time to work directly with young people and undertake the necessary tasks to support this.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the young peoples’ early life experiences and that such experiences may result in, or contribute to, severe challenging behaviour.
- To carry out fostering assessments as and when required by the organisation, and then to present the completed fostering assessments to Fair Ways Independent Fostering Panels.
You as a successful candidate, will be a qualified Social Worker and hold HCPC registration and possess a good working knowledge of relevant legislation, such as the Children Act 1989/ 2004 and the Care Standards Act 2000, and their impact on Fostering Services. The successful candidate will have experience working with Children and families in Social work field or working within the fostering sector. The ideal candidate will be able to act calmly and purposefully in crisis situations, and will recognise own reactions and feelings in response to situations, whilst managing the effects of these on other people.
Benefits and Rewards
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we
- Offer intensive in house Induction training prior to starting in your role. Our training department also offers a wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing.
- Offer access to legal, financial and personal advice.
- After a year’s employment, staff can benefit from a health scheme including discounts for restaurants, optical/dental discount and childcare vouchers.
- Offer discounted gym memberships.
Working for Fair Ways will provide you with an opportunity to seek discount on products and local services and well as auto-enrolment into our Pension scheme.
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.
and ask for the Recruitment Department or email Recruitment@fairways.co