Job Reference – 437
- Part Time: 30 hours p/week
- Salary: Band E £10.45 – £11.77 p/hour
- Closing date: 22nd July 2018
- Interview date: TBC
Fair Ways is looking for a Shift Leader for our Residential Children’s Home based in Swanwick, Southampton. The role will include ensuring the safety and well-being of up to four vulnerable young people with complex emotional and behavioural needs.
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect ALL staff to share this commitment. We have recently been awarded Third Best Not-for-Profit Organisation to Work For in the Sunday Times Awards.
Our ideal Shift Leader will show their ability to;
- Take an active lead in the monitoring of good practice within the home and ensure safe working practices within Child Protection procedures are adhered to.
- Promote high standards of physical care, hygiene and safety for all young people in the home and ensure that records of such are recorded on the Clear Care system.
- Support colleagues in their reflective practice to develop an understanding of the underlying issues to the challenging behaviour.
- Actively promote and participate in the provision of support to meet social, educational and emotional needs for young people, whilst helping them gain skills of independence.
What we would like from you
Our ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic and honest addition to the team, with the ability to build strong boundaried relationships with staff and service users. You will be assertive and driven, and skilled in organising, leading and motivating a team. Having good knowledge of legislation relevant to residential childcare and child protection policies and procedures is desirable. A Team Teach qualification is essential and TIPs training would be desirable. A Level 3 Diploma in childcare or equivalent is also desirable, but a willingness to work towards one is essential. All candidates must have a full driving licence and have access to the use of a car. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure (DBS). This disclosure cost will be met by Fair Ways.
What we would like to give you
- Offer intensive in house training prior to start. Our training department also offers accredited courses such as Level 3 Counselling with CPCAB, UTCP (Level 3 award in Understanding therapeutic childcare practise) and the Level 5 in Leadership and Management with City and Guilds.
- Offer access to legal, financial and personal advice.
- After a year’s employment, staff can benefit from a health scheme including discounts for restaurants, optical/dental discount and childcare vouchers.
- Offer discounted gym memberships.
Working for Fair Ways will provide you with an opportunity to seek discount on products and local services as well as auto-enrolment into our Pension scheme.
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.