Job Reference – 599
- Hours: Full-Time (37.5 p/week)
- Salary: £22,996.66 – £25,272.51 per annum
- Closing date: 8th September 2019
- Interview dates: TBC
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect all staff to share this commitment. We have recently been awarded fourth best Not-for-Profit Organisations to work for in the Sunday Times Awards.
We are looking for a Residential Senior Support Worker based in our Residential Children’s Home in the Swanwick area. Our home is an Ofsted registered independent children’s home offering residential care for children & young people aged 7-18 years with social, emotional and mental health difficulties. The home offers a model of care and education based on PACE and the House Model of Parenting, which is designed to provide an enriching and positive environment. The residential home is set in a semi-rural location in South Hampshire, which is within commutable distance from Fareham, Gosport, Southampton and other surrounding towns and villages.
As part of our team, you will deliver the highest standards of care, protection and support to children and young people, by facilitating their physical and psychological development. This position focuses on developing independent life skills within a therapeutic care environment. Staff will be involved in a range of activities which our children enjoy, this may include swimming, music, camping, rock climbing, horse riding, canoeing and day trips to local centres.
This role is offered on a full time, permanent basis, working on a rolling shift pattern. This involves working a 2-day period (including sleep-ins and being on-call) followed by 4 days off work!
The successful candidate will be involved in;
- Supporting, mentoring and educating our children in day to day activities to develop their emotional and social needs
- Being a part of and role modelling, the established community values in the home
- Day to day tasks of running a family home (Cooking, Cleaning & Maintenance)
- Provide staff supervisions and deputise for the Team Leader in their absence
- Reporting and recording on the key aspects of care
- Risk Assessments
- Managing and supporting complex behaviour that can be challenging
You will need to:
- Hold or be working towards a Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare
- Be familiar with the Children’s Homes Regulations and Quality Standards
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we offer:
- In-house Induction training prior to starting in your role
- Health Cash Plan Scheme
- Staff Discounts
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- A wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing
- Offer access to Legal, Financial and Personal Advice
- An active Employee Committee
- Auto-enrolment into Pension Scheme
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.