Job Reference 458
- Full Time: 37.5 Hours p/week
- Salary: £27,549 – £31,529 per annum
- Closing date: 14th October 2018
- Interview dates: TBC
Fair Ways are looking for a motivated, energetic and conscientious Science Teacher to join our Education Service in our Swanwick School supporting pupils with social, emotional and behavioural needs. The successful candidate should have a real passion for working with service users with Special Educational Needs and have taught Science at all academic levels including Entry and GCSE.
The successful candidate will join the current education team who will build upon, and further implement:
- An Outstanding curriculum
- Strong focus on pupils progress and moving on plans
- Engaging and fun lessons
- Emphasis on creative teaching and learning
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect ALL staff to share this commitment. We have recently been awarded Third Best Not-for-Profit Organisation to Work For in the Sunday Times Awards.
Our ideal Teacher will show us their ability to;
- Deliver lessons across the curriculum and support the needs of the school on a day to day basis.
- Teach pupils on a 1:1 basis with some small group work delivering lessons for a variety of attainment levels from entry level to GCSE/Functional Skills.
- Plan schemes of work and carry out assessments to evidence pupil progress over time.
- Monitor the welfare of pupils and adhere to all safeguarding procedures promoted by the school.
The successful applicant will either have QTS/QTLS or equivalent teaching qualifications or be able to demonstrate relevant experience in supporting children with social, emotional and behavioural needs within an educational environment. Proven knowledge and teaching experience of the Science curriculum is a must. Applicants must have a full driving licence and have access to the use of a car. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced disclosure. The disclosure cost will be met by Fair Ways.
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we
- Offer intensive in house Induction training prior to starting in your role. Our training department also offers a wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing.
- Offer access to legal, financial and personal advice.
- Have an active employee committee.
- After a year’s employment, staff can benefit from a health scheme including discounts for restaurants, optical/dental discount and childcare vouchers.
- Offer discounted gym memberships.
Working for Fair Ways will provide you with an opportunity to seek discount on products and local services as well as auto-enrolment into our Pension scheme.
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.
and ask for the Recruitment Team or email Recruitment@fairways.co