Job Reference – 371
- Hours: 37.5 per week
- Salary: Band D, (£17,883 – £20,473 per annum)
- Closing date: 22nd October 2017
- Interview dates: W/C 30th October 2017
Fair Ways is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Rota Co-ordinator to join our busy Human Resources team.
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect ALL staff to share this commitment.
The main duties of the role will include:
- Arranging short notice shift changes due to emergency situations such as sickness as well as booking in shifts in advance to cover holiday, short-staffing and long term sickness.
- Booking agency staff on shifts if required, ensuring all the necessary paperwork is in place.
- Looking at shift requests and holiday requests and approving or declining these.
- Collating mileage and pay adjustment forms and supporting Payroll.
Our ideal candidate will have previous experience and knowledge of staffing coordination, ideally gained within a care organisation and be confident to liaise with Senior Managers at all levels. You will have good problem solving abilities and be confident in prioritising your own workload. You will possess an excellent working knowledge of MS Office and have a flexible approach to tasks and be resilient under pressure. In addition, we need a team player, someone who is able to organise their workload, and most importantly, be able to build and maintain good relationships with staff and managers across the business.
Applicants must have a full driving licence and have access to the use of a car. All staff will undergo DBS checks at the enhanced level.
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we
- Offer intensive in house Induction training prior to starting in your role. Our training department also offers a wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing.
- Offer access to legal, financial and personal advice.
- After a year’s employment, staff can benefit from a health scheme including discounts for restaurants, optical/dental discount and childcare vouchers.
- Offer discounted gym memberships.
Working for Fair Ways will provide you with an opportunity to seek discount on products and local services and well as auto-enrolment into our Pension scheme.
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.