Job Reference – 565
- Full Time: 37.5 hours p/week
- Salary: £9.26 – £11.92 (£19,234 – £22,002 p/annum)
- Closing date: 14th July 2019
- Interview dates: TBC
Fair Ways is looking for a Residential Support Worker based in our Residential Children’s Home in Portchester, Hampshire. As part of our team, you will deliver the highest standards of care, protection and support to Children and Young People by facilitating their physical and psychological development.
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect ALL staff to share this commitment.
The ideal candidate will be;
- Responsible for supporting Children and Young People by engaging them in various activities, supporting their education and ensuring that the home is kept to a good standard which will include housekeeping responsibilities.
- Able to manage challenging behaviour resulting from complex needs and recognizing the need to intervene using positive handling strategies, in order to ensure the safety of young people and colleagues.
- Undertaking direct work on a one to one or group work basis with children/young people. This could include transport, social activities and other appropriate necessary activities.
Shortlisted applicants will preferably have experience of working with young people which will enable them to establish and maintain safe-boundaried relationships. It is important to be an enthusiastic, reliable and creative individual who can be a positive advocate for themselves, and also the young people. It is desired that you as the successful applicant, will hold or be working towards a qualification relevant to the post, such as a Level 3 Diploma in Childcare. All candidates must have a full driving license and have access to use of a car. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure (DBS). This disclosure cost will be met by Fair Ways.
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we:
- Offer competitive salaries and regular training
- Offer an Employee Assistance Programme
- After a year’s employment, staff can benefit from a health scheme
- Offer discounted gym memberships.
Working for Fair Ways will provide you with an opportunity to seek discount on products and local services and well as auto-enrolment into our Pension Scheme.
Do you enjoy a challenge? Do you want to make a difference? This may be a total change of career for you but don’t let that put you off if it something you would like to explore. We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.