Job Reference – 426
- Hours: Full Time: 37.5 hours per week
- Salary: Band E £10.35 p/hour (£20,187.38 per annum)
- Closing date: 6th May 2018
- Interview dates: TBC
Fair Ways is looking for a Female Support Worker to join our Crisis Intervention Centre in Brecon, South Wales. This particular home has a strong emphasis on Outdoor Activities and serves as a satellite unit to each of our residential homes. This home acts as a holiday home for young people transitioning into our care, whilst also catering for young people in crisis. We are in need of a female member of staff to join the team to act as a mentor to our female young people.
Please note that the shift pattern is as follows:
Day 1: 09.00 – 23.00 plus a sleep-in
Day 2: 07.30 – 23.00 plus a sleep-in
Day 3: 07.30 – 10.00
The following four days would be rest days and then the same shift pattern would be repeated.
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect ALL staff to share this commitment.
The main duties of the role will include:
- Prioritising the safety and well-being of the young people in our care whilst adhering to CSSIW Legislation.
- Accompanying our young people on adventure activities with a view to changing behaviours.
- Managing the challenging behaviour of the young people resulting from their complex needs.
- Ensuring you complete daily tasks consistent with the smooth running of the home, such as handover, case recording and updating care plans, risk assessments and ensuring all information is recorded appropriately and accurately.
Our ideal candidate will have proven experience of working with children and young people in a similar setting and have a real passion for what they do. The ability to proactively engage with young people to establish, maintain and end safe-boundaried relationships is paramount. Additionally, the ability to manage your own workload effectively and work as part of a team, promoting a positive culture is also essential. You must either be working towards or already hold a QCF Level 3 and CCYP3 qualification to be considered for this role. Applicants must have a full driving licence and have access to the use of a car. All staff will undergo DBS checks at the enhanced level, the cost of which will be met by Fair Ways.
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we
- Offer intensive in house Induction training prior to starting in your role. Our training department also offers a wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing.
- Offer access to legal, financial and personal advice.
- After a year’s employment, staff can benefit from a health scheme including discounts for restaurants, optical/dental discount and childcare vouchers.
- Offer discounted gym memberships.
Working for Fair Ways will provide you with an opportunity to seek discount on products and local services as well as auto-enrolment into our Pension scheme.
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.
and ask for the Recruitment Team or email Recruitment@fairways.co