Job Reference 422
- Hours: Part Time (25+ p/week)
- Salary: £8.48 per day, £9.12 per evening, £9.54 per weekend
- Closing date: 20th May 2018
- Interview dates: TBC
Fair Ways are looking to recruit two Residential Support Workers to work in our Residential Children’s home in Swanwick, Southampton. Manor Farm houses up to four vulnerable young people with varying Social, Emotional and Behavioural needs. Support Workers will be expected to participate in regular training sessions, supervisions and team meetings. ‘Sleep-ins’ are a requirement of the role and the number of sleep-ins will depend on the number of contracted hours.
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect ALL staff to share this commitment. We have recently been awarded Third Best Not-for-Profit Organisation to Work For in the Sunday Times Awards.
The successful support workers will show us how they can;
- Actively promote and participate in the provision of support to meet social, educational and emotional needs for young people, whilst helping them gain skills of independence.
- Observe, assess and monitor young people’s health development and emotional well-being, by promoting high standards of physical care, hygiene and safety for all young people in the home.
- Contribute to the smooth running of the home, by ensuring safe working practices within Child Protection procedures.
- Record information appropriately and accurately, updating care plans, performing risk assessments and contributing to handovers.
Our ideal applicants will show proven experience of working with children and young people, desirably children with challenging behaviours. Applicants will be motivated, inspiring and have the ability to think on their feet, as well as being capable of building professional boundaried relationships with the young people in our care. If you have a Level 3 in Children and Young People, GREAT! If not, don’t let this put you off as we have an in house training department to support you through this qualification. All new starters will be subject to all pre-employment checks such as referencing and an Enhanced DBS check which Fair Ways will fund.
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we
- Offer intensive in house Induction training prior to starting in your role. Our training department also offers a wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing.
- Offer access to legal, financial and personal advice.
- Have an active employee committee.
- After a year’s employment, staff can benefit from a health scheme including discounts for restaurants, optical/dental discount and childcare vouchers.
- Offer discounted gym memberships.
Working for Fair Ways will provide you with an opportunity to seek discount on products and local services as well as auto-enrolment into our Pension scheme.
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.
and ask for the Recruitment Team or email Recruitment@fairways.co