Job Reference 452
- Hours: Full Time – 37.5 hours per week “Happy to Talk Flexible Working”
- Salary: Band E – Day Rate – £10.45 p/hour, Evening Rate – £11.24 p/hour, Weekend Rate – £11.77 p/hour
- Closing date: 19th August 2018
- Interview dates: TBC
We are looking to recruit a Recovery Support Worker to join our team at our Specialist Treatment and Rehabilitation Service based in Southampton, Hampshire. This is an innovative service that meets the needs of young people aged 16-25 with both mental health needs and learning disabilities, who require transition to independent or supported living in the community. The service aim is to enable and empower people to reach their potential and to live fulfilling lives through providing recovery and rehabilitation care that leads to positive outcomes for service users. Although the post will primarily based at Athelstan Place there will also be an expectation that the candidate is able to work across future Fair Ways healthcare provisions, including a specialist learning disability service.
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect ALL staff to share this commitment.
Our ideal Recovery Support Worker will show us their ability to;
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and have the confidence to proactively engage with service users with mental health and diagnosed learning disability, and to establish, maintain and end professional relationships.
- Support the delivery of rehabilitative care to service users so that they successfully move onto more independent living.
- Analyse and therapeutically manage behavior that challenges resulting from complex needs and formulate plans to reduce the likelihood of future similar events.
- Be required to work within a rolling shift pattern that includes days, evenings and waking night shifts.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience of working in a care setting with service users who have complex health and social care needs. Experience in working with service users who have mental health needs and/or a diagnosed learning disability is essential and the ability to be versatile across any Fairways healthcare service is also a key component of this post. Alongside this, you will need to be a team player, possess good organisational and problem solving skills and have a positive approach to your work. The Recovery Support Worker will work as an effective member of the team, communicating to the family, carers, professionals and other support network working with the service user. Knowledge of legislation relevant to Mental Health care as well as child and adult protection policies and procedures is essential for the successful applicant. A level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care or equivalent is desirable, but not essential on application although successful applicants will be expected to undertake training to level 3.
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we
- Offer intensive in house Induction training prior to starting in your role. Our training department also offers a wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing.
- Offer access to legal, financial and personal advice.
- Have an active employee committee.
- After a year’s employment, staff can benefit from a health scheme including discounts for restaurants, optical/dental discount and childcare vouchers.
- Offer discounted gym memberships.
Working for Fair Ways will provide you with an opportunity to seek discount on products and local services as well as auto-enrollment into our Pension scheme.
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.
and ask for the Recruitment Team or email Recruitment@fairways.co