Fair Ways is a not for profit organisation where we pride ourselves on getting the best from our staff and young people which we encourage through training, engagement and delivery.
Fair Ways operates a bespoke residential service in Gosport for young people with complex needs, and we are looking to recruit Recovery Support Workers to support the young people in our care.
What will you be doing?
- Proactively engaging with service users with mental health and diagnosed learning disability, and establishing, maintaining and ending professional relationships.
- Supporting the delivery of rehabilitative care to service users so that they successfully move onto more independent living.
- Analysing and therapeutically managing challenging behaviour that is a result of complex needs, and formulating plans to reduce the likelihood of future similar events.
- Attending and contributing to service user reviews with colleagues and multi-agency professionals including Social Workers and community Mental Health Nurses
What do you need?
- Experience in working with service users who have mental health needs and/or a diagnosed learning disability is essential
- Experience of working in a care environment
- Knowledge of legislation relevant to Mental Health care as well as child and adult protection policies and procedures
- A level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care or equivalent is desirable, but not essential
- All candidates must have a full driving licence and have access to the use of a car.
Hours: Full Time – 37.5 hours per week “Happy to Talk Flexible Working”
Salary: Band E – Day Rate – £10.56 p/hour plus enhanced rate for evenings and weekends (c.£21,930 – £24,204 per annum)
Our benefits include –
- Free parking
- In-depth training & development
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Free 24 hour online employee assistance programme