Job Reference – 439
- Full Time: 40 hours p/week
- Salary: £9.17- £11.81 per hour (£19,045.46 – £23,246.09 per annum)
- Closing date: 10th June 2018
- Interview dates: TBC
Fair Ways is looking for a Post 16 Support Worker to be based in the Portsmouth area. Stamshaw comprises 3 houses, each with 2 bedrooms, for young people aged 16 to 21.
You will be working as a lone worker but within a wider team supporting young people to develop independent living skills to enable them to live independently in the community. As part of your role, you will be expected to undertake tasks such as cooking, cleaning and giving educational/financial support.
The position is on a 4 week rolling rota basis with shifts covering days, evenings and every other weekend as well as 2 sleep in shifts per week. As part of our team, you will deliver the highest standards of care, protection and support to Children and Young People by facilitating their physical and psychological development.
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect ALL staff to share this commitment. We have recently been awarded Third Best Not-for-Profit Organisation to Work For in the Sunday Times Awards.
The ideal candidate will be able to;
- Take responsibility for the running of the home as a lone worker on each shift, ensuring all legislation and all company policies are complied with at all times.
- Write and compile reports, update risk assessments and complete tasks on the daily checklist
- Learn and understand each young residents personal support plan and generate individual targets
- Ensure practice provides each resident with support, advice and encouragement.
Our ideal candidate will be a positive and motivated individual with excellent communication skills helping to guide our young people with general life skills. We would like this candidate to demonstrate a flexible approach to the task and be resilient under pressure. In addition, you will need to be proficient with a PC. An NVQ Level 3 in childcare is desirable but not essential.
Above all, you need to have the right attitude and approach! All candidates must have a full driving license and have access to use of a car. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure (DBS). This disclosure cost will be met by Fair Ways.
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we:
- Offer intensive in house Induction training prior to starting in your role. Our training department also offers a wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing.
- Offer access to legal, financial and personal advice.
- After a year’s employment, staff can benefit from a health scheme including discounts for restaurants, optical/dental discount and childcare vouchers.
- Offer discounted gym memberships.
Working for Fair Ways will provide you with an opportunity to seek discount on products and local services as well as auto-enrolment into our Pension scheme.
Do you enjoy a challenge? Do you want to make a difference? This may be a total change of career for you but don’t let that put you off if it something you would like to explore. We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.
and ask for the Recruitment Team or email Recruitment@fairways.co