Job Reference – 404
- Full Time: 37.5 hours per week
- Salary: Band D £9.17 – £11.81 per hour (£19,045.56 -£23,246.09 per annum)
- Closing date: 4th March 2018
- Interview dates: TBC
Fair Ways is looking for a motivated, energetic and conscientious Support Worker to join our Post 16 Service in Fareham, Hampshire. Castle House is specifically set up for females aged between 16 and 25. You will be working as a lone worker within a team supporting young people to develop independent living skills to enable them to live independently in the community.
The position is on a rota basis with shifts covering days, evenings and weekends. As part of our team, you will deliver the highest standards of care, protection and support to Children and Young People by facilitating their physical and psychological development.
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect ALL staff to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be able to;
- Ensure your practice provides each resident with support, advice and encouragement.
- Write and compile reports, update risk assessments and complete each task on the daily checklist
- Gain knowledge of each young residents personal support plan
- Attend and engage in team meetings
Our ideal candidate will be a positive and motivated individual with excellent communication skills helping to guide our young people with general life skills. We would like this candidate to demonstrate a flexible approach to the task and be resilient under pressure. All candidates must have a full driving licence and have access to use of a car. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure (DBS). The disclosure cost will be met by Fair Ways.
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we
- Offer intensive in house Induction training prior to starting in your role. Our training department also offers a wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing.
- Offer access to legal, financial and personal advice.
- Have an active employee committee.
- After a year’s employment, staff can benefit from a health scheme including discounts for restaurants, optical/dental discount and childcare vouchers.
- Offer discounted gym memberships.
Working for Fair Ways will provide you with an opportunity to seek discount on products and local services as well as auto-enrolment into our Pension scheme.
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.