Job Reference – 621
- Hours: Full Time (37.5 p/week), Part-Time or Zero Hours available
- Salary: £18,233 – £20,865 per annum, pro-rata
- Closing date: 22nd November 2019- some positions could start in early January 2020.
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect all staff to share this commitment. We have recently been awarded fourth best Not-for-Profit Organisations to work for in the Sunday Times Awards.
We are looking for individuals to support a 29-year-old male with a Moderate Intellectual Disability, ADHD and Autistic features in his own home in the Southampton area. The young man enjoys being part of his local community and likes to have days filled with activities.
The young man will need support with his daily living tasks and prompting to carry out his own personal care tasks. He will need to have his medication administered.
The ideal candidates will have some experience of working with adults with Learning Disabilities, ADHD and Autism.
We would like people who are cheerful, fun, proactive and have a degree of physical fitness to enable them to join in with activities.
Candidates will need to be prepared to work one to one with the young man, whilst remaining a good team player who is prepared to work as part of a team to ensure a consistent approach in the support that is provided.
The work will consist of a shift pattern including working weekends and sleep-ins.
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we offer:
- In-house Induction training prior to starting in your role
- Health Cash Plan Scheme
- Staff Discounts
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- A wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing
- Offer access to Legal, Financial and Personal Advice
- An active Employee Committee
- Auto-enrolment into Pension Scheme
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.