Job reference – 621
- Hours: Full Time (37.5 hours) – Part Time / Flexible hours available
- Salary: £18,233 – £20,865 (Part time hours pro-rata)
- Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract, Permanent
Do you want to work for a company that has been voted third in the Sunday Times Not for Profit organisations to work for?
Do you believe that a person-centred approach is the best way forward?
Fair Ways are seeking to support one of our new service users who has a Moderate Intellectual Disability, ADHD and Autism based in his own home in the Southampton area.
Who will I be supporting?
- This individual enjoys being an active part of their local community and the successful applicant will need to be keen in assisting them getting out and about accessing groups and activities within their local area.
- The individual enjoys being kept busy and active and this is an important part of developing their interaction, communication skills and experiences.
- This individual will be working towards securing some voluntary work so applicants will need to be keen to assist in supporting the individual to reach a point where this could be achievable.
- The individual does not require personal care however will need prompting to ensure that they have undertaken normal daily personal care along with supporting them with usual daily living tasks. The individual will need supervision when taking their medication and full training will be given for this.
What skills do I need to have?
- This role would suit applicants that consider themselves proactive, positive and encouraging and want to make a genuine difference to the lives of others.
- Applicants will need to be comfortable setting clear positive boundaries to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the individual at all times.
- Applicants will ideally have some experience of working with and/or supporting adults with additional needs however if you feel you have come from a background with suitable transferable skills applications will be duly considered.
- Candidates will need to be prepared to work on a 121 basis but also be part of a larger support team being involved in handovers and sharing information within the team as required.
- The work will consist of a shift pattern that will include working some weekends and sleep-ins as required. These can be flexible and discussion around this is welcomed.
- It is not required for candidates to have a driving licence although this could be advantageous.
- All successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced Disclosure (DBS). This disclosure cost will be met by Fair Ways.
If this role sounds of interest and you want to know more, please contact recruitment at fairways for a Job Description and an Application Form Thank you and good luck!
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we offer:
- In-house Induction training prior to starting in your role
- Health Cash Plan Scheme
- Staff Discounts
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- A wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing
- Offer access to Legal, Financial and Personal Advice
- An active Employee Committee
- Auto-enrolment into Pension Scheme
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.
and ask for the Recruitment Team or email Recruitment@fairways.co