Job Reference – 587
- Hours: Part Time (22.5 p/week)
- Salary: £18,238 – £20,857 per annum (FTE)
- Closing date: 25th August 2019
- Interview dates: 5th, 9th or 11th September
We are looking for a part time Payroll Administrator with proven administration experience, to work in our Head Office based in Southampton. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the dynamic, friendly and lively HR department.
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect all staff to share this commitment. We have recently been awarded fourth best Not-for-Profit Organisations to work for in the Sunday Times Awards.
The successful candidate will be involved in;
- Assisting the Payroll Officer in payroll/HR administrative tasks to support the running of payroll monthly, such as sick pay, holiday pay, salary changes, wage adjustments, and maternity/ paternity pay
- Assisting the Payroll Officer with data entry into payroll systems
- Running regular Payroll/HR reports for management and analysing the data accordingly, including leavers, sickness, employee data, benefits and holiday pay
- Undertaking administration on the annual Gender Pay Gap reporting
- Carrying out regular audits on the data held on the HR and Payroll systems to ensure accuracy
Our successful candidate will have proven administration experience within payroll, so will have had exposure to calculations including sick pay, holiday pay and maternity and paternity pay. You will have used at least one payroll system and will also possess excellent IT skills (MS Office). In addition to your experience, you will be organised, able to manage a busy and conflicting workload and used to working to meet tight deadlines. The ability to interact with colleagues and managers is paramount, and you will need to be confident in having challenging conversations on occasions. A CIPP/CIPD Level 3 qualification or higher in HR is desirable, but not essential.
All staff will undergo DBS checks at the Basic level; the cost of which will be met by Fair Ways.
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we offer:
- In-house Induction training prior to starting in your role
- Health Cash Plan Scheme
- Staff Discounts
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- A wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing
- Offer access to Legal, Financial and Personal Advice
- An active Employee Committee
- Auto-enrolment into Pension Scheme
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.