Job Reference – 489
- Hours: Full Time (37.5 p/week) “Happy to talk flexible working”
- Salary: Band H £27,549 – £31,529 per annum
Additional benefits: Health cash plan scheme; Pension Scheme; Staff Discounts; Childcare vouchers; Employee Assistance Programme (EAP); Great development opportunities.
Are you looking for a new challenge?
Do you want to work for an organisation that was voted the 3rd best not-for-profit organisation in the UK by the Sunday Times?
Would you like the opportunity to make a difference to the lives of vulnerable children and adults?
If you have answered yes to all three questions, Fair Ways and this role is the perfect opportunity for you.
Fair Ways Education are delighted to have achieved “outstanding” during their most recent Ofsted inspection.
“Teaching is highly effective. Staff know pupils exceptionally well because of precise and ongoing assessment of pupils’ needs. They tailorlessons exceptionally well to engage pupils’ interests. Consequently, pupils make rapid gains in their academic, personal and social development” Ofsted
Due to the development of the Pastoral Team, Fair Ways Education are looking to recruit a Pastoral Manager to oversee the delivery and support of the pastoral and behaviour programme at our School in Swanwick.
Our ideal Pastoral Manager will show us their ability to;
- Oversee the inclusion of all pupils in the school, delivering a pastoral programme to enable them to access education and a structured timetable of vocational and classroom based learning.
- Monitor and report on the implementation of pastoral support plans/interventions with pupils working closely with all stakeholders.
- Oversee and coordinate the Pastoral Team to support attendance issues and provide solutions and contribute to behaviour management plans.
- Assist the Deputy Heads in developing resources to meet identified needs of the pupils around behaviour and therapeutic support (including chill out chats).
What we would like from you
The successful candidate will build upon and implement;
- A therapeutic approach to behaviour
- Strong focus on pupils progress
- Engaging and fun activities
- Emphasis on Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural development
Crucial to the success of this post is an ability to think creatively with flair and flexibility in a challenging learning environment and to engage challenging and vulnerable pupils and gain the respect of a highly committed staff team. Fair Ways plan to appoint a Pastoral Manager who has the ability to demonstrate the relevant experience working with pupils with SEBD or autism. A Social work degree or Counselling qualifications at Degree / diploma level are desirable but experience is the key to this role. Applications from staff from a mainstream or special school background are welcomed. Applicants must have a full driving licence and have access to use of a car. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure (DBS). This disclosure cost will be met by Fair Ways.
- Closing date: 28th October 2018
- Interview dates: TBC
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.