Job Reference – 364
- Part Time: 10-25 hours per week
- Salary: £9.17- £11.81 per hour (£19,045 – £21,793.21 per annum FTE)
- Closing date: 7th January 2018
- Interview dates: TBC
Fair Ways is looking for additional Part Time Outreach Support Workers to work in partnership with families and carers of service users in achieving the aims and objectives of care-plans/in house placements. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our friendly and lively company.
As the demand for our Outreach service grows, we are looking for staff to predominantly work weekends, early mornings and evenings.
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect ALL staff to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be required to;
- Contribute to formal assessments of the Service Users, promoting and safeguarding their welfare.
- Support and assist service users with personal care tasks where necessary and be proactive in planning and carrying out activities in the community setting.
- Recognise the need to intervene whilst managing challenging behaviour resulting from complex needs.
- Observe, assess and monitor Service User’s health development and emotional well-being.
- Attend team meetings, partake in handovers and provide positive and informative critique.
Our ideal candidate will have experience of working with children, young people and adults with both learning and physical disabilities, including autism and will also have the ability to advocate for Service Users and enable them to advocate for themselves. The ability to manage your own workload and respond positively to changing service needs is essential. Holding a Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care or equivalent is desirable, but not essential as is knowledge of the legislation relevant to CQC.
All candidates must have a full driving license and have access to use of a car. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure (DBS). This disclosure cost will be met by Fair Ways.
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we:
- Offer intensive in house Induction training prior to starting in your role. Our training department also offers a wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing.
- Offer access to legal, financial and personal advice.
- After a year’s employment, staff can benefit from a health scheme including discounts for restaurants, optical/dental discount and childcare vouchers.
- Offer discounted gym memberships.
Working for Fair Ways will provide you with an opportunity to seek discount on products and local services as well as auto-enrolment into our Pension scheme.
Do you enjoy a challenge? Do you want to make a difference? This may be a total change of career for you but don’t let that put you off if it something you would like to explore. We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.
and ask for the Recruitment Team or email Recruitment@fairways.co