Job Reference – 506
Hours: Full Time (37.5 p/week)
Salary: Band F £22,268- £24,278 per annum
Location: Solent, Bournemouth, Wales
Closing Date: 6th January 2019
Interview Dates: TBC
Additional benefits: Health cash plan scheme; Pension Scheme; Staff Discounts; Childcare vouchers; Employee Assistance Programme (EAP); Great development opportunities.
We are looking for a professional and reliable Maintenance Operative to provide a high quality and effective maintenance and repair service to supported housing, residential children’s homes, education and office properties, allowing an agreed proportion of time for reactive works to job request s from service managers and staff. This position will be worked predominantly Monday – Friday 8am – 4pm with a 30 minute lunch break however business needs will determine potential evening/weekend work, which you will always be given prior notice of.
A company van is provided as well as Power Tools, various hand tools, uniform and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect ALL staff to share this commitment. We have recently been awarded Third Best Not-for-Profit Organisation to Work For in the Sunday Times Awards.
The successful candidate will be able to;
- Carry out maintenance and repair work in a timely fashion ensuring adherence to all Health & Safety policies within the organisation.
- Play an active part in the Permanent Loan Record (PLR) for all Fair Ways tools, completing regular checks to maintain good working order/repair.
- Ensure the removal and disposal of all debris and waste from all jobs leaving all sites tidy and clean whilst guaranteeing strict waste management procedures are adhered to.
To be our ideal Maintenance Operative (Reactive) you will have a City and Guilds qualification relevant to the post or an NVQ trade qualification with at least two years experience in a similar role. You will also have the ability to work in adverse conditions and also risk assess your tasks to ensure the safety of yourself and others. Great communication skills and a resilient nature are a must. All Maintenance Operatives are required to have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle. You will also be subject to an enhanced DBS check (formerly CRB) and the disclosure cost will be met by Fair Ways.
At Fair Ways we aim to make a difference through passionate care, support and education. We have worked hard to create a culture where we say what we say we will do, when we said we would do it; we are inclusive, open minded and treat each other with respect; we focus on learning, not blaming; and we are open, honest and have integrity.
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we
- Offer intensive in house Induction training prior to starting in your role. Our training department also offers a wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing.
- Offer access to legal, financial and personal advice.
- Have an active employee committee.
- After a year’s employment, staff can benefit from a health scheme including discounts for restaurants, optical/dental discount and childcare vouchers.
- Offer discounted gym memberships.
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.