Job Reference 449
- Full Time: up to 37.5 Hours “happy to talk flexible working”
- Salary: Band D £15,476 – £17,717 per annum
- Closing date: 1st July 2018
- Interview dates: TBC
Fair Ways are looking for a Learning Support Worker to provide behaviour management and advice and guidance on a one to one basis to children and young people with high dependency Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs. The role will be based in an educational setting in Swanwick, Southampton. We are looking for honest, understanding and influential individuals to take on the role of mentoring our students by setting them a good example and being able to offer support and direction.
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect ALL staff to share this commitment. We have recently been awarded Third Best Not-for-Profit Organisation to Work For in the Sunday Times Awards.
Our successful Learning Support Worker will show us they can;
- Support the needs of the school on a day to day basis, as well as supporting various students both onsite in lessons and offsite on activities.
- Complete and monitor the student assessments and participate in the implementation and delivery of each Individual Education Plan in order to contribute on the achievement of the aims and objectives of each student.
- Assist Therapeutic Learning Practitioners and Teachers, to carry out their duties effectively.
You will need to have proven experience in supporting children with social and emotional behavioural needs, ideally within an educational environment and be highly organised and be able to manage your own workload effectively. Knowledge and experience of child protection procedures is desirable. A level 3 Teaching Assistant Award or Special Educational Needs training is desirable, but not essential. Applicants must have a full driving licence and have access to use of a car. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure. The disclosure cost will be met by Fair Ways.
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we:
- Offer intensive in house Induction training prior to starting in your role. Our training department also offers a wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing.
- Offer access to legal, financial and personal advice.
- After a year’s employment, staff can benefit from a health scheme including discounts for restaurants, optical/dental discount and childcare vouchers.
- Offer discounted gym memberships.
Working for Fair Ways will provide you with an opportunity to seek discount on products and local services and well as auto-enrolment into our Pension scheme.
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.
and ask for the Recruitment Team or email Recruitment@fairways.co