Job Reference – 411
- Full Time: 37.5 hours p/week
- Salary: £15,476 – £17,717 Per Annum FTE
- Closing date: 25th March 2018
- Interview dates: TBC
Fair Ways is looking for motivated, energetic and conscientious Learning Support Workers to join our established Education service in our school in Totton, to provide mentoring support to learners with additional needs, specifically learners with Autism Spectrum Conditions (ASC). Working hours are Monday to Friday 8.45 a.m. to 4.15 p.m.
Fair Ways School at Totton provides education to children on the Autism Spectrum Conditions (ASC). Many of our pupils have additional complex needs such as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), and Mild Learning Difficulties (MLD). Our young people arrive at our school from a variety of backgrounds including full time residential care and foster care. We are described as a Special Therapeutic Education Provision (STEP) for boys and girls with social, emotional and Mental Health difficulties (SEMH) and Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC) aged between 11 and 19 years.
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect ALL staff to share this commitment.
The ideal candidates will be;
- Participating in the completion and monitoring of all student assessments throughout the school and monitoring and recording such progress with guidance from the teaching tutor.
- Assisting learners with ASC to settle quickly into the routines of the school as well as assisting the class Teachers or Therapeutic Learning Practitioners with strategies for supporting learners.
- Working in partnership with families and Carers of the students, achieving the aims and objectives of Personal Education Plans and Individual Care Plans including work within the community as required.
- Recognising and accepting the possible need to intervene using positive handling strategies in order to make incidents safe, and to work as part of a consistent team
- Observing, assessing and monitoring Service User’s health development and emotional well-being
- Attending team meetings, partake in handovers and provide positive and informative critique
Shortlisted applicants will have proven experience in supporting children with Autism Spectrum Conditions or with profound and moderate learning difficulties. The ideal candidates will possess good interpersonal skills including the ability to listen and empathise with learners, along with the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships whilst engaging with challenging young people within an education setting and delivering a good quality of learning. Knowledge and experience of child protection procedures is desirable. The ideal candidate will be highly organised, methodical and be able to prioritise, working towards set deadlines. You must possess a flexible approach to the tasks and resilience to work under pressure. All candidates must have a full driving license and have access to the use of a car. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure (DBS). This disclosure cost will be met by Fair Ways.
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we:
- Offer competitive salaries and regular training
- Offer an Employee Assistance Programme
- After a year’s employment, staff can benefit from a health scheme
- Offer discounted gym memberships.
Working for Fair Ways will provide you with an opportunity to seek discount on products and local services as well as auto-enrolment into our Pension scheme.
Do you enjoy a challenge? Do you want to make a difference? This may be a total change of career for you but don’t let that put you off if it something you would like to explore. We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.
and ask for the Recruitment Team or email Recruitment@fairways.co