Job Ref: 672
Salary: £18,233 – £20,183
Hours: 37.5 hours Per Week
Are you looking for a new challenge?
Do you want to work for a company that has been voted third in the Sunday Times Not for Profit organisations to work for?
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic and inspirational charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect all our staff to share this commitment.
Fair Ways staff play a critical role in the success of the organisation. It is our people who innovate, develop, promote our identity and deliver our services. We all share a common goal to deliver excellent services in line with our Mission, Vision & Values.
We believe our success comes from the investment we make in our staff. We’re an award winning organisation and have been recognised for our commitment to learning & development. Fair Ways is all about putting people first. Our staff and service users make it the special place it is.
About our opportunity:
Fair Ways is looking for a HR Administrator with proven HR and Payroll administration experience to work in our Head Office based in Southampton on a 6 month fixed term contract. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the dynamic, friendly and lively HR department. We are looking for someone with a keen interest in HR, compliance and high level administration, great communication skills and the ability to be a real team player.
This role is full time (37.5 hrs PW) and is a 6 month contract with the possibility of extension dependant on the needs of the business.
About our role:
The chosen candidate will be responsible for assisting the Payroll Officer in Payroll/HR in the following administrative tasks:
- Supporting the running of payroll, such as sick pay, holiday pay, salary changes, wage adjustments, and maternity/ paternity pay.
- Data entry into payroll systems.
- Carrying out regular audits on the data held on the HR and Payroll systems to ensure accuracy.
- The undertaking of DBS checks for existing employees.
- Maintaining registrations from across the organisation and advising on end dates to relevant departments to ensure compliance
- Supporting with system records and assisting with data collation and KPI reporting
- Assisting in administrative tasks from other HR functions where required, including employee relations, recruitment and HR related projects.
Our successful candidate will have:
- Proven administration experience within payroll and generalist HR, so will have had exposure to calculations including sick pay, holiday pay and maternity and paternity pay.
- Experience using at least one payroll system and will also possess excellent IT skills (MS Office).
- In addition to your experience, you will be organised, able to manage a busy and conflicting workload and used to working to meet tight deadlines.
- You will be effective in ensuring a high quality level of interaction with colleagues and managers, and you will need to be confident in having challenging conversations on occasions.
- A CIPP/CIPD Level 3 qualification or higher in HR is desirable, but not essential.
All candidates must have a full driving licence and have access to the use of a car. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure (DBS). This disclosure cost will be met by Fair Ways.
About Fair Ways Benefits:
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Health Care Scheme*
- Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme*
- Service based additional annual leave accrual
- Bespoke training department
- Education Grant Scheme*
- Free Parking
- Free Fruit, Tea and Coffee
- Future Leaders Programme*
- Staff Lottery*
*Subject to qualifying period
Next Step: If you are interested in joining a forward-thinking and caring organisation then please apply today! We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.