Job reference: 641
Fair Ways is a not for profit organisation where we pride ourselves on getting the best from our staff and young people which we encourage through training, engagement and delivery.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Health & Safety Trainee to join the organisation. This is a learning and developing role with the potential opportunity to increase hours going forward. (Starting at 7.5 hours per week).
What will you be doing?
- Undertaking monitoring of action plans arising from internal audits, legionella/fire risk assessments, servicing schedules and provide reports to the Health and Safety Manager.
- Taking action including internal enforcement up to and including prohibiting works where the situation demands.
- Contributing to policy development and review, health and safety standards, guidance and assist managers and employees with risk assessments and other HS documentation.
- Developing specialist knowledge of high-risk activities undertaken by Fair Ways and advise on suitability of health and safety arrangements.
What do you need?
Aspirations to work towards a qualification in occupational health and safety.
Desired qualification – NVQ Level 3 in child care.
To hold a minimum of 2 years’ experience in relevant health, social or educational sector.
Experience in any compliance-based role, quality assurance, or developing systems of work will all help you get your foot in the door.
A person who is prepared to challenge the way things are done, who have a natural instinct for understanding why things are done in a particular way, and of course a desire to help improve standards – both in relation to reducing the risks of harm to people, but also to improve business quality and efficiency.
Our benefits include
- Free parking
- In-depth training & development
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Free 24 hour online employee assistance programme
P/T 7.5 hours per week
Salary: Band E Level 1-4 £10.56 -£11.66 per hour.