Job Reference 510
- Hours: Full Time (37.5 p/week) “Happy to talk flexible working”
- Salary: Band I £33,103 – £37,111 p/annum + Progression + 25 days Holiday (rising with service) + Pension + Life Assurance + Healthcare
- Closing Date: 3rd March 2019
- Interview Dates: TBC
We are looking for a professional and reliable Health and Safety Manager to provide a high quality service to our ever growing company. This position will oversee the Health and Safety across all of our services being Schools, Residential Children’s Homes, Independent Living Homes and our Head Office, for families, children and vulnerable young people. The ideal candidate will have proven H&S management experience and will have working knowledge of implementing and maintaining quality standards and accreditations.
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect ALL staff to share this commitment. We have recently been awarded Third Best Not-for-Profit Organisation to Work For in the Sunday Times Awards.
The core responsibilities of this role will see the person work alongside other managers within the business, reviewing and updating existing H&S practices, policies and legislation as well as developing a positive culture of H&S throughout the business.
Our successful Health and Safety Manager will show us their ability to;
- Implement and Maintain Standards
- Ensure that policies, procedures and legislation in Health and Safety is communicated to all staff efficiently.
- Liaise with different departments and teams
- Be the point of contact for all Health and Safety related queries
- Deliver a variety of safety related training in accordance with the divisional delivery plan
- Maintain a positive Health and Safety culture
- Carry out compliance audits
- Review H&S risk assessments and special assessments for each Fair Ways sites
- Oversee all accidents and near-miss incidents and investigate where appropriate.
- Coordinate and chair regular H&S representative meetings.
To undertake this role well, you should have:
- A NEBOSH General Certificate or greater.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in carrying out health, safety and quality procedures within the field and office qualifications in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Current knowledge and experience of Health, Safety and Quality management systems.
- Be able to work autonomously and plan their own diary.
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we
- Offer intensive in house Induction training prior to starting in your role. Our training department also offers a wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing.
- Offer access to legal, financial and personal advice.
- Have an active employee committee.
- After a year’s employment, staff can benefit from a health scheme including discounts for restaurants, optical/dental discount and childcare vouchers.
- Offer discounted gym memberships.
Working for Fair Ways will provide you with an opportunity to seek discount on products and local services as well as auto-enrolment into our Pension scheme.
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.
and ask for the Recruitment Team or email Recruitment@fairways.co