Job Ref : 646
Hours: 37.5 – Flexible working could be considered
Salary: £33,103 – £39,784
Fair Ways has an excellent opportunity for an experience Health and Safety Manager to join their H&S team.
Our team play an important role in supporting our business to deliver exceptional service and ensuring we remain compliant with Health and Safety legislation and our environmental policies.
Joining our dynamic team, you will work closely with our experienced Health & Safety Manager and Quality, Safety, Governance Team to develop, implement and positively influence the promotion of our safety culture.
This opportunity will engage in all H & S aspects of the organisation with staff/management coming to you for the best knowledge and practice in your arena.
What will you be doing?
- Taking responsibility and compliance of Fair Ways Health and Safety, ensuring the safety of our employees by ensuring staff are aware of the importance and follow safety protocol, any person who may legally come into our premises and anyone not on the premises but who may be affected.
- Assisting in health and safety strategies, the development of internal policies and have an up-to-date knowledge of the current Health and Safety legislation in place and ensure the organisation is compliant with legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring all health and safety policies, procedures, safety certificates and risk assessments are in date and reviewed as and when required. To ensure all equipment throughout the company is competently serviced, inspected and in good working order.
- Conducting/organising all H&S risk assessments and special assessments for each Fair Ways sites as required by the business, including display screen equipment, manual handling, lone working, COSHH, pregnant workers, young workers etc.
What do you need?
- Qualification in occupational health and safety, such as a masters, NVQ, BSC or NEBOSH national diploma is essential for this position along with at least three years’ experience
- To have experience of delivering and auditing Health and Safety training and safety classes
- To have the ability to prepare plans, reports and budgets
- IT literate and a comprehensive understanding of Windows based programs to include Word, Excel and Outlook is essential
Our benefits include:
- Free parking
- In-depth training & development
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Free 24 hour online employee assistance programme