Job Reference: 560
- Location: Solent – Hampshire
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Salary: Band K, £41,500 – £53,250 per annum
- Closing Date: 21st July 2019
- Interview Dates: TBC
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect ALL staff to share this commitment and play their part. We have recently been voted top 5 Best Not-for-Profit Organisations to Work for in the Sunday Times Awards for three consecutive years, evidence that we do make a difference.
Fair Ways are excited to announce that a rare opportunity has opened up in our health sector for a Head of Service – Health, which will include managing a residential 5 bed home for young people with mental health needs and overseeing the domiciliary care service. This individual will be responsible for achieving Key Performance Indicators; these include quality, operational and financial measures. It is essential that you become the Registered Manager with Care Quality Commission responsibility for a period of time to ensure stability of service delivery.
As the Head of Service -Health, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the development of the mental health services for the young people of Fair Ways, being responsible for all services and care for service users with mental health needs.
- Having overall responsibility for the direct line management of one 5 bed home and one 1 bed home as Registered Manager and all Health Care Managers, setting clear performance targets, which significantly improve operational performance. To monitor delivery of these targets and take steps necessary to address any inadequacy holding senior managers to account.
- Ensuring that all services under your charge receive at least a GOOD grading in all CQC Inspections and meet regulatory compliance including legislation and policy.
- Raising the profile and reputation of the organisation by forming and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders ensuring a high level of professionalism in all interactions.
- Demonstrating and upholding the core organisation values at all times and playing your P.A.R.T by:
Maintaining a Professional attitude, Being Accepting,Being Reflective and being Transparent.
With this role brings career development for the future and the opportunity to progress into a senior role within the organisation to lead and develop our mental health services for young people in Fair Ways.
Should you be successful at this role, you will need to have;
- The ability to proactively engage with staff, managers and members of the public ensuring professional relationships are established and maintaining a focus on the aim of improving outcomes for vulnerable groups in society.
- A sound knowledge and understanding of the political context within which the organisation operates, both locally and nationally.
- The ability to time manage your own workload effectively and work as part of a team, promoting a positive culture, including effective communication skills, verbal , non-verbal and written.
- A relevant professional qualification (Nursing/Occupational Therapy/Social Work) and membership of a professional body (e.g. NMC/HCPC)
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we
- Offer intensive in house Induction training prior to starting in your role. Our training department also offers a wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing.
- Offer access to legal, financial and personal advice.
- Have an active employee committee.
- After a year’s employment, staff can benefit from a health scheme including discounts for restaurants, optical/dental discount and childcare vouchers.
- Offer discounted gym memberships.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays plus the option to buy more.
Working for Fair Ways will provide you with an opportunity to seek discount on products and local services as well as auto-enrolment into our Pension scheme.
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.