Job Reference 438
- Hours: Part Time (15-22.5 hours per week)
- Salary: Band D Level 1 £9.17 – £11.81 p/hour
- Closing date: 17th June 2018
- Interview dates: TBC
Fair Ways are looking to recruit a Fostering Support Worker initially on a 6 month fixed term contract basis. This role provides an excellent opportunity for someone to develop skills in working closely with, and supporting vulnerable individuals with complex needs, to achieve positive outcomes.
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect ALL staff to share this commitment. We have recently been awarded Fifth Best Not-for-Profit Organisation to Work For in the Sunday Times Awards.
Our ideal candidates for this role will show us that they can;
- Support service users in foster care to exceed targets as set out in care plans and placement plans in line with our guidance, policies and procedures.
- Ensure the safety of children and vulnerable adults is maintained at all times and actively ensuring that safeguarding requirements are met whilst carrying out duties.
- Provide support and respite to foster carers by proactively engaging service users through child centered practice.
- Complete accurate, clear and concise recordings with analysis and reflection of risk factors.
We are looking for motivated individuals with experience in working with vulnerable young people and their families. The role requires individuals to have a good understanding of safeguarding issues, knowing when and how to intervene and work in a way that prioritises the needs of children. A commitment to achieving best outcomes for our young people, enthusiasm and the ability to engage with our service users, are all key attributes for this role. Applicants must have a full driving licence and have access to use of a car. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure. The disclosure cost will be met by Fair Ways.
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we
- Offer intensive in house Induction training prior to starting in your role. Our training department also offers a wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing.
- Offer access to legal, financial and personal advice.
- Have an active employee committee.
- After a year’s employment, staff can benefit from a health scheme including discounts for restaurants, optical/dental discount and childcare vouchers.
- Offer discounted gym memberships.
Working for Fair Ways will provide you with an opportunity to seek discount on products and local services as well as auto-enrolment into our Pension scheme.
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.
and ask for the Recruitment Team or email Recruitment@fairways.co