Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural Education
Fairways School provides a holistic whole school approach to SMSC with key aspects imbedded into the school curriculum. The school adopts many approaches to capture the needs of our pupils and is delivered in a creative way to engage our young people. Many pupils have arrived to the school having missed many years of education with the foundation of social and cultural education missing. The school will use SEAL lessons to address individual social development with weekly cross-curriculum days and student meetings to address current issues or themes of the world.
- Law and Rights
- Guest speakers or public services
- Student meetings give the students the opportunity to come together as a group and work together with staff. This involves ice breakers, games, group discussions and the opportunity to celebrtate achievement.
SMSC is monitored:
- Cross-curriculum Calendar
- SMSC calendar
- Photographic evidence
- Pupils record of achievement folders
- Certificates of attendance
- Student meetings
- Lesson planning
- Learning walks and lesson observations