Job Reference 341
- Full Time: 37.5 hours per week
- Salary: Band G, £22,171.00 – £26,247.00
- Closing date: 09/07/2017
- Interview dates: WC 10th July 2017
Fair Ways is looking for skilled and motivated individual with a passion and aspiration to deliver functional skills qualifications, and teach City & Guilds functional skills at all levels to our Young People. The successful candidate will be able to support the Young Person in preparation for entry to college. It is worth noting that the role may include outreach delivery to our Post 16 homes and Residential homes.
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect ALL staff to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be able to
- To support / deliver lesson objectives and follow lesson planning, delivery of lessons, marking of work and behaviour management of the pupils. It may be that you are expected to write lesson plans and deliver lesson objectives on your own.
- To participate in the completion and monitoring of all student assessments throughout the centre, and monitor and record such progress.
- To participate in the implementation and delivery of each students Individual Education Plan (IEP), Personal Education Plan (PEP) and Behaviour management plans (BMP) and SEAL targets.
- To work in partnership with families and carers of the students, achieving the aims and objectives of Personal Educational Plans, and Individual Care Plans including work within the community as required.
- To positively and effectively contribute to the centre’s planning and decision making process during team meetings.
You, as a successful candidate, will hold a Teaching qualification or equivalent or an appropriate experience in tutoring and evidence the relevant subject knowledge. As a successful individual you will be highly organised, methodical and able to priortise and manage workloads, as well as keep to set deadlines. As an individual you will be able to act calmly and purposefully in crisis situations and recognise own reactions and feelings in response to situations and to manage the effects of these on other people. You as an individual will have a flexible approach to task’s and resilience under pressure.
Benefits and Rewards
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Extensive training opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- After a year’s employment, staff can benefit from a health scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
Working for Fair Ways will provide you with an opportunity to seek discount on products and local services and well as auto-enrolment into our Pension scheme.
Next Step – How to apply
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.
Download the job description and an Fairways Application Form here or please phone Head Office (02380 230400) and ask for the Recruitment Department or email Recruitment@fairways.co.