Job Reference 456
- Hours: Varying hours available.
- Salary: £9.26 p/hour day, £9.96 p/hour evening, £10.42 p/hour weekend
- Closing Date: 19th August 2018
- Interview dates: TBC
We are looking for enthusiastic, caring individuals to join our team to work in partnership with families to provide care which is tailored to every person’s needs in their family home, valuing the small things which are important to each individual. If successful, your job would involve supporting individuals in their own home to wash and dress to be ready for their day and/or support them to prepare for bed in the evening. You would be part of a small team involved in the individual’s care. This would be an ideal position that could work around other commitments. The majority of our service users are aged under 18.
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect ALL staff to share this commitment. We have recently been awarded Third Best Not-for-Profit Organisation to Work For in the Sunday Times Awards.
Assisting with personal care (washing, bathing and continence care)
Simple Meal Preparation
Domestic tasks associated with supporting the individual
What we would like from you
Our ideal candidates will have experience of working with children, young people and/or vulnerable adults and their families who have disabilities and complex needs. Experience is not essential as full training will be given. We are looking for compassionate, reliable and honest individuals to take on this role in order to support our service users and their families in a person centred approach. A full driving license and access to the use of a car is desirable. This role is subject to a DBS disclosure all costs will be met by Fair Ways.
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we
- Offer intensive in house Induction training prior to starting in your role. Our training department also offers a wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing.
- Offer access to legal, financial and personal advice.
- Have an active employee committee.
- After a year’s employment, staff can benefit from a health scheme including discounts for restaurants, optical/dental discount and childcare vouchers.
- Offer discounted gym memberships.
Working for Fair Ways will provide you with an opportunity to seek discount on products and local services as well as auto-enrolment into our Pension scheme.
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.
and ask for the Recruitment Team or email Recruitment@fairways.co