- Hours: 16-20 Hours and Zero Hours Contracts Available
- Salary: £9.17- £11.81 per hour (£19,045 – £21,793.21 per annum FTE)
- Closing date: 28th January 2018
- Interview dates: TBC
Fair Ways is looking for flexible Domiciliary Care Workers to work in partnership with families and carers of Services Users in achieving the aims and objectives of care-plans/in house placements. The role will require the successful individuals to be mobile, travelling across Hampshire to provide short morning or evening support to dependents of all abilities. The hours of work will predominantly be at the beginning and end of the school day.
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect ALL staff to share this commitment.
Suitable candidates for a Domiciliary Care Worker will show that they can;
- Support and assist Service Users with personal care tasks where necessary in accordance with Individual Care Plans. These tasks can include bathing, toileting, dressing and administering medication.
- Recognize the need to intervene whilst managing challenging behaviour resulting from complex needs.
- Observe, assess and monitor Service User’s health development and emotional well-being, by promoting high standards of physical care, hygiene and safety.
What we would like from you
Our ideal candidates will have experience of working with children, young people, vulnerable adults and their families who present with challenging behaviour and complex needs. Fair Ways is looking for compassionate, reliable and resilient individuals to take on this role in order to support our ever expanding Outreach Service. An applicant who holds knowledge of legislation relevant to CQC is preferable whilst working flexibly and responding positively to changing service needs.Holding a Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care or equivalent is desirable, but not essential. All candidates must have a full driving license and have access to use of a car. This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service. All costs will be met by Fair Ways.
What we would like to give you
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we;
- Offer intensive in house training prior to start. Our training department also offers accredited courses such as Level 3 Counselling with CPCAB, UTCP (Level 3 award in Understanding therapeutic childcare practise) and the Level 5 in Leadership and Management with City and Guilds.
- Offer access to legal, financial and personal advice.
- After a year’s employment, staff can benefit from a health scheme including discounts for restaurants, optical/dental discount and childcare vouchers.
- Offer discounted gym memberships.
Working for Fairways will provide you with an opportunity to seek discount on products and local services and well as auto-enrolment into our Pension scheme.
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.
and ask for the Recruitment Department or email Recruitment@fairways.co